Sign in to follow this  
F1refighter

Truefitt & Hill - The oldest barbershop in the world, is here in Malaysia

Guest Guest

expensive barber shop, shall stick to my faithful indian at RM 12 a cut. thank you very much.

expensive barber shop, shall stick to my faithful indian at RM 12 a cut. thank you very much.

Ditto, although might give it a shot 1 day just for the experience. Actually, I was thinking of bringing my shaving soap and aftershave to my indian barber and ask them to use the stuff. Don't know whether they are agreeable.

Actually i think the prices are very reasonable. Most of the clientele there pay upwards of rm120 for a cut at places like cut above anyway. Also the barbers are from iran, syria and elsewhere from the middle east. I got a very good shave from them.

(null)

Guest Guest

Ditto, although might give it a shot 1 day just for the experience. Actually, I was thinking of bringing my shaving soap and aftershave to my indian barber and ask them to use the stuff. Don't know whether they are agreeable.

Hi Zinzan, i am sure your trusty barber wouldn't mind you bringing along shaving soap, badger brush and aftershave, after he is done, do give him a good tip. We shoud always treat artisans with respect. Give it a shot ? hmmm maybe, I would, RM 95 a pop sure isn't value for money, never on a regular basis.

Not the same. It's a third of a bottle of very nice whisky for a shave and a haircut. I think I'll decide for the whisky every time.

I like how you're thinking in terms of bottles of whisky.

• Like 1

Actually i think the prices are very reasonable. Most of the clientele there pay upwards of rm120 for a cut at places like cut above anyway. Also the barbers are from iran, syria and elsewhere from the middle east. I got a very good shave from them.

(null)

For people who actually go to such places as A Cut Above, this worth a try. Well i dont, so i'll stick to my macha

The upcharge is justified if they deliver the goods i.e. a damned good hair cut and an indulgent experience.

Worse thing is when you go to so-called "top-notch" hairdressers and come out with a sub par hair cut, and the whole time you're there, they try to sell every service their salon has to offer.

That being said, I very much like my current barber who serves me beer when I walk in.

Guest panyang

How do u make an appointment at this place? don't tell me u need to walk in to make one....

Very interesting. Wonder if Singapore has anything similar ?

Hell...there used to be one at the Raffles Hotel but it was a disaster....staffed by women (that was the first red flag I ignored). Had a wet shave and the razor was not sharp...plus the chick's technique was way off...she scraped a few layers of epidermis off my face. Disgraceful.