• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 MOP

MOP

Megatimer

• Members
  • 839 posts

Posted 13 June 2012 - 08:09 PM

I heard about Panama cotton in an Esquire/Details/GQ magazine in conjunction with Kiton shirts. They say Kiton shirts are special because they use this cotton on the underside of the collar because it has the same shrinkage in the x and y axes. The real reason Kiton shirts are special is because Kiton says they are. If it shrinks, you're supposed to soak the thing before using it. Panama means plain weave.

Come on, tell us about your trip.

I heard about Panama cotton in an Esquire/Details/GQ magazine in conjunction with Kiton shirts. They say Kiton shirts are special because they use this cotton on the underside of the collar because it has the same shrinkage in the x and y axes. The real reason Kiton shirts are special is because Kiton says they are. If it shrinks, you're supposed to soak the thing before using it. Panama means plain weave.

Come on, tell us about your trip.

Yes, I filmed that on Kiton. I also filmed the full process of making a suit by hand on Orazio La Vera Sartoria, incredible man. Best tailor I have ever met. I also met Pino Peluso , very serious and high end tailor, my hotel was in front on his place.

I filmed the process of making shoes by hand on Kiton, I wanted a pair that was tagged 1700 euros!!! They let me those at 1200 but I am ruined and couldn´t afford them.

I went to Borrelli shops, Finamore shops, Attolini, and all of them. Also interviewed Ulturale ties, that for me does the best jaquard ties, they shown me an 11 fold tie.

On Naples there are two currents for ties, the printed ones ( boring and dated for me ) and the jaquard ones, that the motive is on the silk not printed.

Posted Image

Posted Image

I am starting my own blog where I would put this, but will let some for this page and you all my friends. the video is 100 megas. How can I upload it?

Could be any interest for a trunk show on Singapur of Orazio La Vera? He does for me the more neapolitan style and priced 1/3 of Attolini, on the +-1500 to 2000 euros not on the 4500.

I also got on my hands a cocodrile Kiton travel bag priced..... 19.000 euros!!! More than a car!!

Ah last calling for the MOP buttons.
ANY

#2 MOP

MOP

Megatimer

• Members
  • 839 posts

Posted 13 June 2012 - 08:12 PM

Yes all my Kiton work shirts have a piece of white cotton when you unfold the collar. so thats the brand of white cotton used. Kiton shirts are good and I use them everyday for work.

You mean Panama is a comercial brand called Panama, or is just like Poplin, a kind of wave so I could buy a piece of Panama from whatever brand that produces that fabric?
ANY

#3 MOP

MOP

Megatimer

• Members
  • 839 posts

Posted 13 June 2012 - 08:15 PM

Orazio Luciano who was the master tailor 18 years on Kiton, for me the best tailor around with an impressive Royal blue jacket

Posted Image
ANY

#4 kotmj

kotmj

Megatimer

• Members
  • 7,677 posts
  • LocationBukit Rimau

Posted 13 June 2012 - 08:25 PM

You mean Panama is a comercial brand called Panama, or is just like Poplin, a kind of wave so I could buy a piece of Panama from whatever brand that produces that fabric?

Yes, it's just a poplin.

You can upload it on youtube and set it to private so only those with the link can view it.

#5 MOP

MOP

Megatimer

• Members
  • 839 posts

Posted 13 June 2012 - 08:32 PM

And the best pizza in the world, on Napoli, with fresh daily Mozzarella di bufalla and fresh tomato.

Posted Image
ANY

#6 amateursarto

amateursarto

Bigtimer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 128 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 14 June 2012 - 06:11 AM

MOP,
Did you take video of the suit making process at Luciano's atelier? If you had taken pics or video at Ulturale Cravatte that would have been very educational too. There is precious little documentation on making multi (7, 9, and 11) fold ties.

#7 MOP

MOP

Megatimer

• Members
  • 839 posts

Posted 16 June 2012 - 10:54 PM

Kiton School edit, fail
ANY

#8 Mr.J

Mr.J

Bigtimer

• Members