Sign in to follow this  
kotmj

Coffee

I think I may have to start roasting coffee at home. A week's batch each time. In a wok maybe?

• Like 1

For the coffee aficionados, a relative opened up a coffee joint at Phileo Damansara, called Spezza. They just opened this week, at the moment its just trial runs, they should be operating commercially next week. In the plans are to do their are going to roast their own beans.  

http://eatdrinkkl.blogspot.com/2013/08/sprezza-phileo-damansara-flat-white.html

For the coffee aficionados, a relative opened up a coffee joint at Phileo Damansara, called Spezza. They just opened this week, at the moment its just trial runs, they should be operating commercially next week. In the plans are to do their are going to roast their own beans.  

http://eatdrinkkl.blogspot.com/2013/08/sprezza-phileo-damansara-flat-white.html

Great roaster & espresso machine at Sprezza. Other cafes serving fairly decent beans are Artisan, Espressolabs & Whisk.

Need more options to buy beans around Klang Valley. Plan B's single origins taste alright but RM60/250g is crazy. You can get Five Senses at Top Brew for the same price.

There are nicer tasting beans in Singapore that cost SGD18 so I don't know why is Malaysia more expensive.

This is the second time I got myself an Americano from McCafe, and also the second time I spilled the entire mug all over the tray. Why do they keep spilling on me?

I thought about this as the poor McD worker was mopping the spill.

I find that I instinctively rotate the mug with the forefinger to get the handle to point the right way so I could hold on to it. The mug rotates readily on most surfaces, but not on the paper that is on the tray. That coupled with the top heavy design of the mug causes the McCafe mug to tip over rather than rotate.

Dumb.

ey post 1 is what we use daily in Naples for the best coffee in the world. i bought a stainless steel one as aluminium might be bring Alzheimer. buy Kimbo brand, neapolitan, avoid Nestle.

I was just told the retail price for roasted coffee beans, the sort a cafe would use. It's shockingly low. Now it's gonna be tough for me to pay retail for beans.

I was just told the retail price for roasted coffee beans, the sort a cafe would use. It's shockingly low. Now it's gonna be tough for me to pay retail for beans.

No wonder I get un-asked-for discounts when I buy a kilo of supremo blend at Coffee Ritual/Jin Ya.

The wear and tear of this job being what it is, I drove back to my hometown to recuperate for a couple of days. I haven't been to the beach in years. The beach of my childhood has now been infested with all the relevant American chains, i.e. McD, Starbucks, KFC.

image_zps7c02b6b6.jpg

Jackfruit -- nangka

Breadfruit -- chempedak

Cempedak - Artocarpus integer

Breadfruit - Artocarpus altilis

Jackfruit - Artocarpus heterophyllus

:ph34r:

Breadfruit is incredibly bland, like potato starch. Whereas cempedak and jackfruit can be pungent and fragrant when ripe.

The mokka maker you posted is the used on Naples. awesome coffee but it's alluminium made and it might bring Alzheimer.

I am buying a stainless steel one similar that cost 50euros but is not as cute.

All the Neapolitan tailors have been drinking from that aluminum mokka maker since they were children and even in middle age they are the most cunning scammers around so what is your problem?

• Like 1