Sign in to follow this  
kotmj

Coffee

they suffer alzheimer on the part of the brain of proper acting, so they are forced to scam due to alluminium leak.

ANY

Had some pour over coffee today, which is a much gentler method of extraction compared to espresso. It results in a very different animal to espresso. I like it, but it doesn't result in a rich full bodied brew like one would get from a long black or a french press. The coffee flavours really come through though.

It's very "tea like" if that makes any sense. Seems like a lot of effort to be brewing this at home.

• Like 1

Better, fresher coffee doesn't sell you more coffee. But those who make the better burger know this already. Coffee, like burger, is a location, location, location business.

I've gotten myself a Porlex handgrinder for grinding up beans for homebrewed coffee. 

Currently brewing using a frenchpress, and using about 20-22grams per cup (approx 220ish ml). Makes a lovely robust coffee. And most importantly, it's pretty idiot proof.

Can't be bothered messing around with pourovers at home.    

My brother dropped by for coffee and to show off his new pro-grade video camera (he's in the film making/editing industry). He doesn't know much about coffee, so please bear with the misuse of terminology (I meant to show him that 'tiger striping' was how the espresso crema forms stripes, not the caramel striping as implied in this video). I also had no idea he was going to make a short clip. Disclaimers aside, here it is:

The company that makes it is called 'Blackmagic Design', but I know little more than that. To my surprise, it looked like a big compact digital camera (form-factor-wise).

Omg, it's many people's dream cinema camera. I knew it was something special going by the shallow depth of field (it uses an SLR lens from Canon/Nikon) The pedestrian Sony/Canon broadcast video cameras produce a different, more video than cinema, look.

I just got myself the aeropress, much better than the french press. Still fine tuning the process. I ordered coffee too from the site i purchased the aeropress didnt realise it was whole beans. Now i have to buy the grinder, well hope this gets more use than the french press. 

It is serious. But the keyboard got shorted by the tablet and is now kaput.

I use my Aeropress daily. No way I'm returning to any French press. Currently drinking this coffee from Batu Pahat.

rengit_zpsw2ttyrgz.jpg

What's the benefits grinding your own beans? I'm doing it because I can try different kind of beans otherwise I can't tell the difference. I alway have whole beans and grinded coffee as back up more for convenience.

Just found out about Chemex coffee makers. Very tempted to get one to try.

It's essentially quite similar to drip filtered coffee, but in a nice self contained unit - unlike other filtered coffee systems with multiple moving parts which cause unnecessary mess and anxiety.

chemex-coffee_fe1.jpg

Bonus, apparently Bond drinks Chemex coffee one of the books. 

What's the benefits grinding your own beans? I'm doing it because I can try different kind of beans otherwise I can't tell the difference. I alway have whole beans and grinded coffee as back up more for convenience.

It's the difference between freshly ground pepper from a peppermill suspended over the dish and pre-ground pepper in plastic shakers all damp and mouldy and adulterated with ground woodchips.

Just found out about Chemex coffee makers. Very tempted to get one to try.

It's essentially quite similar to drip filtered coffee, but in a nice self contained unit - unlike other filtered coffee systems with multiple moving parts which cause unnecessary mess and anxiety.

chemex-coffee_fe1.jpg

Bonus, apparently Bond drinks Chemex coffee one of the books.

Hario, the Japanese glassware maker, has a model like this. Parkson carries Hario.

Just a bought bialletti moka pot 3 cups at isetan. By the way they having sale at isetan on moka pot for 150 buck plus 250 grams of illy coffee. Cant wait to try it.