For the ppl who was interested 6 pack short cut by Michael Chang. I've just gone Phase 2, the workouts have gone tough and still intense. Ive not dropped any weights nor body fat percentage..... hmmmm weird. Supposedly Phase 1 is building metabolic rate for the "afterburn" effect. Phase 2 is cutting of the muscle and Phase 3 building. The functional cardio is madness, im fairly fit and active person in sports used to play rugby for Cobra. The functional cardio exercise reminds me of the circuit training we used to do pre-season for fitness. Overall i think its very good program short and sweet and you are able to do it alone. But the diet...... i've not followed the diet that could possibly be the reason im not losing weight but muscle mass has increased and toned.

zinzan, do keep us posted on your progress with that program. i've watched the video, and the guy keeps saying it's with money-back guarantee.

i'm quite interested to see if it really is as effective as he says.

If you want a good workout and great overall fitness, you could give kettlebells a go. I've been doing these for about 2 years now, started shortly after I got to Singapore and suddenly had more free time. Used to do 2-3 times a week, now I do it once a week, with other types of workouts during te rest of the week.

I would say that personally, they really do help burn fat and build overall fitness. Fairly reasonable to start with too with kettlebells costing about $80-100 each, and you'd only need a pair to start off.

Other than that, other favorites include pullups and plyometric training for my basketball.

Pavel Tsatsouline has written several books on how to use them. I'm sure they are great. But I have regular weights with a regular barbell and a power rack at home. I may start working out again soon.

I'm working through Starting Strength again now since I've finally managed to join a gym with a barbell rack. Question to the experienced squatters here... should your knees be pointing forward to should they be in a 'V'? The Rippetoe book suggests that correct form is a 'V' but it's not explicit about that point.

Squat stance really depends on the physique of a trainee. IMO, this really depends on flexibility too. If you got knees forward, you tax alot of your quads. You might get a bigger yield if knees are "V".

Try it out and see

Really depends on body structure and flexibility. I know for a fact that if you have V stance then you can drive the bar up with the side of your feet also. Post a video or something. Im happy to help as much as i can.

What do you do with the kettlebells?

Various exercises can be done, mostly on the basis of basic movements like the swing, clean, press and snatch. Squats as well. I mostly learnt from Steve Cotter videos as I find him to be more detailed than Pavel, which is down to preference though.

Works well for me too because I'm only renting a place here, so definitely don't want to invest in anything larger/more cumbersome.

GNC year end sale. It's a real sale, with real discounts. Not so much on the staples, more on the exotic stuff. ON Whey at RM195. Until 2nd December at Berjaya Times Square, Lower Ground.

dsc00151bh.jpg

As the new year comes upon us, it is always the worst time to set foot in a commercial gym, for it is filled with a species known as the 'New Year Resolutioners'.

zinzan, do keep us posted on your progress with that program. i've watched the video, and the guy keeps saying it's with money-back guarantee.

i'm quite interested to see if it really is as effective as he says.

Kenterong, just an update now I'm in Phase 4 which supposedly get rids of all belly fat if you following the diet and at this phase is suppose to equip all the necessary training. In Phase 3 was building mass and shocking the muscle, i was carrying hardcore heavyweights with no rest days 12 days straight. Man, that was grueling. Even some of my friends at the gym was commenting that my routine now is quite hardcore. I go to my golf club gym so no weightlifters.

Overall my thoughts on the program. Its good, i like the way its structured. Its quick and fast, your only in the gym for an hour. Its cardio its quite different to what your used to ie treadmills, stair climber etc. Results since i'm not following the diet so still dont have the six pack but im leaner now, lost inches around tummy my pants are a bit more looser, a bit more muscular now. Weight wise no diff, ive not weighed myself recently though. The supposed "afterburn" i kind of feel it, now im getting hungry quite frequently which is in sync with the their meal programs which is 5 small meals a day. Overall ill recommend the program for somebody who needs some guidance to do the exercise cant be arsed to get an instructor. I think its suited for relative beginners to intermediate, so Shane this doesn't apply to you.

zinzan, thanks for the update. glad to know it's kind of working for you. i'm trying out heavy lifts myself these days (deadlifts, squats, bench presses), since i'm one of those hardgainers. something i've never done before (except for bench presses), but perhaps a little too soon to tell if it's having the intended effect.

you don't happen to be going to the golf club at jalan kelab golf, do you?