I wouldnt mind but I'll strongly encourage non-slim fit trousers

Guys please, spandex only for a kerbau workout.

I've been doing the 'squats and milk' program lately. It's a good full body workout focusing on 20 rep squats at the beginning. It's intense, and I'm only able to do it twice a week with my schedule - 4 weeks in now, and its been yielding some good results, considering I'm only putting in 2 hours of effort a week. (3.5 kilo gain so far)

I'll probably need to ramp it up to 3 times per week to see continual gains though.

1 set mate. Warm up as appropriate of course.

The idea is to get a weight you can do for 12-15 reps comfortably, but to do 20 reps without racking the weight. But you can take as long as you want between reps. Every workout, increase the total weight by 5 lbs. Its the increments that slowly add up and put overload on your body. So if you assume an 8 week on this regime, with 3 workouts per week, then the theory is that you would have increased your capacity by 120lbs. In reality though, some weeks I just keep the same weight because its still challenging. As long as my body responds I don't care how much I lift.

Re: deads, if you workout 3 times a week, you can probably squat on day 1 and 3, then deadlift on day 2.

shane: do you put the bar so low on your back? i've been following rippetoe's book... i don't know if i'm doing it right, but i place the bar just at the top of the shoulder blades, and my thumbs/hands go over the bar to stabilise it (instead of under it).

Also... is that 160kg??? Damn.

fuh, that looks real heavy!

6, squats and milk seems like a very interesting program. i'm trying out something different that basically involves the heavy compound lifts coupled with pullups. been going at it for about 1.5 months now. can't really say i'm adding any weight to my current 73kg, but i can see some increase in size. hopefully it's body recomposition going on.

shane: do you put the bar so low on your back? i've been following rippetoe's book... i don't know if i'm doing it right, but i place the bar just at the top of the shoulder blades, and my thumbs/hands go over the bar to stabilise it (instead of under it).

Also... is that 160kg??? Damn.

What a monster, that shane guy.

I've found there really is no 'correct' bar placement for squats. I realise some of my buddies who are on the shorter side feel more comfortable with the bar really high up. Personally I feel better with the bar a little lower, mid trap area (I'm about average height, just short of 6 foot).

In the end, the position which lets you keep proper form during the whole movement (and not risk you dropping the bar) is the best.

fuh, that looks real heavy!

6, squats and milk seems like a very interesting program. i'm trying out something different that basically involves the heavy compound lifts coupled with pullups. been going at it for about 1.5 months now. can't really say i'm adding any weight to my current 73kg, but i can see some increase in size. hopefully it's body recomposition going on.

You're probably trading off fat for muscle if you're gaining strength progressively. For my next program I want to try to incorporate some power moves where the barbell gets hoisted around (e.g. clean and pulls).

^ wah slumber ajer 5 reps with 10,000kg. excellent form throughout. Looks quite exaggerated at the top of the movement though.

Also, keep in mind that there is a difference between muscle gain and weight gain. Weight gain can be fat, muscle, or a combination of both, while muscle gain is purely muscle. I know I'm being captain obvious here, but this point is lost on a lot of people who are trying to 'put on weight'.

Don't let the scale be your ultimate judge, let the mirror be. I once went on a program and diet on which I gained almost 4kg in a month. People commented I looked bigger, my shirts were tighter, and yet I could barely walk up the staircase. I was so obsessed with the weight on my scale, that I completely overlooked the fact that most of my gains were in fact fat.

So if you don't seem to be gaining weight on your program, do not despair. A better way to judge your progress would be to take photos of your body every week or so, and monitor your progress that way. Many times, the weight gained through muscle is offset by the weight lost from fat.

boxing, squash

Cool dude. Do you do the Universal fighting or just strictly boxing? Its the rage now, i dont get it. For me boxing is the real deal, there is art, there's beauty to the form and movement. All this other shit are just pretenders

just straight up boxing! i'm crap (unfit.. bad coordination... easily concussed..) but it can't be beat for fun factor!

My full suspension folding bike, used for light trails and touring. This bike can go around 30-40kph average, depends on engine condition.

rhine_zps8e9e412e.jpg

My "single-speed" folding bike, used for market trips, chauffeuring my son around, and family leisure rides. Moves around 10kph average on busy sidewalks. I still get worried about bike theft despite its much lower price. Bike security in Singapore is very poor.

27642D87-0A05-40B7-BDDC-2A1EB74D5C25-4167-00000651DEB36DB1_zpsfe518fee-1.jpg

I think these gentlemen look epic cycling in their jackets.

copenhagen.jpg

I've got specialized mtb hard tail and full susser, been trying to save for willier Izoard xp but this forum is not helping that cause

no no no you got it all wrong. sell your mtb and buy a vintage gentlemen's bike, cycle in your suit. hang a leather briefcase on the top tube for even more style. Tokyobikes make classic looking urban bikes or the Chinese Flying Pigeon is a workhorse you can rely on.

• Like 1

A forum member invited me along to a morning workout at fitness first, subang empire. I'm posting from the lounge area of the gym. Even at 10:30am, it's packed. The facilities are great. Free tea and coffee, DVD free library, nice furnishing... But I think a commercial gym like this is not for me. It's claustrophobic.