What distances are you planning to ride? Lots of people have ridden 100+km on Terns (see the Tern forums) with no problem at all. They are very well made. Tough to do the same with a Brompton, given the size of the wheels. 

Anyway, I used to cycle in the CBD in Singapore. All I can say is, good luck. 

Probably about 45-50 km a day. Approximately.

I've been speaking to a bicycle maker. Who'd have thought that I'd need to provide these details for a bicycle. Looks like my tailor's expertise will come in handy.

photo_1_zps5a6a7a3d.png

6f0c763d-8272-44b9-9bb3-a84697d2081c_zps

Real cyclist ie road or mountain dont really take them seriously. It's just fashionable because of the NY messenger thingy. Ppl dont realise the real reason the messenger uses it's easier to maintain with New York weather. But going over different terrain is going to be tough with a fixed gear. 

I used a fixed gear bike for some 1.5 years. Used it daily. It's so much better than a multigear bike -- simpler, lighter, more elegant, immune to gear problems, etc. It's great for urban cycling. If you can't get up a slope with it, get off the bike and push it up. It's a lot better this way than using a low gear and trying to inch your way up. Just walk, man.

I really look forward to riding the bicycle. Pity it takes 14 weeks to make.

Why did you quit riding after a year and a half?

What I'm most concerned about is the 'aggressive' riding position. Is that a factor to consider? I'm getting the bicycle from Detroit.

That was the duration of the A-levels program. I continued riding at uni, but with a multigear bike. I much prefer single gear.

Thought you would be accustomed to waiting for stuff by now.

Clothing I can wait for. I have ample to get by with.

Bicycles I have none. And I want to get my exercise regime going.

Plan is to cycle to and from work at least twice a week. Run in the office gym twice a week. Friday I have stuff to do after work so I can't afford to cycle right now.

• Like 1

I used a fixed gear bike for some 1.5 years. Used it daily. It's so much better than a multigear bike -- simpler, lighter, more elegant, immune to gear problems, etc. It's great for urban cycling. If you can't get up a slope with it, get off the bike and push it up. It's a lot better this way than using a low gear and trying to inch your way up. Just walk, man.

To each his own. 

I gotta agree that a well calibrated fixed or single speed bike is a great choice for urban cycling. I also agree that foldies don't look as good, but they space in small city apartments! 

fixed gear, low maintenance and........ RAW HORSEPOWER

Clothing I can wait for. I have ample to get by with.

Bicycles I have none. And I want to get my exercise regime going.

Plan is to cycle to and from work at least twice a week. Run in the office gym twice a week. Friday I have stuff to do after work so I can't afford to cycle right now.

Get the bomb BDC you know you're worth it:

http://www.gentlemansgadgets.com/the-ultimate-spring-bike-royal-gazelles-toer-populair-classical-dutch-bike/

Zinzan, is it MyFitnessPal? If so you can also add your friends, and also sync your workout details taken from say, a FitBit to it. 

On a side note does anyone practice any form of martial arts / martial arts sport?

Zinzan, is it MyFitnessPal? If so you can also add your friends, and also sync your workout details taken from say, a FitBit to it. 

On a side note does anyone practice any form of martial arts / martial arts sport?

Cookie, your right. 

Ah nice! Where I sometimes practice Judo there is also a boxing club that rents the courtyard - I've always wondered how people can train to be able to take hits to the head. Body I understand, but head, mind boggling.

Always avoid impact to the head

Word. 

I did judo a bit in high school. So tough. 

The initial part can be a bit tough, but after a while we all get used to it I guess. Was this in Singapore?