174 replies to this topic

#41 kotmj

kotmj

Megatimer

• Members
  • 7,675 posts
  • LocationBukit Rimau

Posted 15 November 2012 - 05:13 PM

I'm in the midst of the "Monday" workout of The Anaconda Protocol. I almost forgot how brutal it is. Hah!

#42 kotmj

kotmj

Megatimer

• Members
  • 7,675 posts
  • LocationBukit Rimau

Posted 15 November 2012 - 05:36 PM

Just found this. Will take a while to understand it.

http://www.t-nation....ip_off_fat_fast

#43 nickwjd

nickwjd

Bigtimer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 174 posts
  • LocationSingapore

Posted 16 November 2012 - 03:12 PM

What do you do with the kettlebells?

Various exercises can be done, mostly on the basis of basic movements like the swing, clean, press and snatch. Squats as well. I mostly learnt from Steve Cotter videos as I find him to be more detailed than Pavel, which is down to preference though.

Works well for me too because I'm only renting a place here, so definitely don't want to invest in anything larger/more cumbersome.

#44 shanecross

shanecross

Megatimer

• Members
  • 303 posts

Posted 17 November 2012 - 10:20 PM

Buy the TRX for functional purposes. They work like a charm. I got mine in AU dirt cheap.

#45 kotmj

kotmj

Megatimer

• Members
  • 7,675 posts
  • LocationBukit Rimau

Posted 29 November 2012 - 11:59 PM

GNC year end sale. It's a real sale, with real discounts. Not so much on the staples, more on the exotic stuff. ON Whey at RM195. Until 2nd December at Berjaya Times Square, Lower Ground.

Posted Image

#46 kenterong

kenterong

Megatimer

• Members
  • 229 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 12:32 PM

wow, that's cheap for the ON whey.

#47 Mr.J

Mr.J

Bigtimer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 163 posts
  • LocationSingapore

Posted 12 December 2012 - 12:41 AM

Getting fat(ter)

#48 Desvaro

Desvaro

Smalltimer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 11:18 PM

As the new year comes upon us, it is always the worst time to set foot in a commercial gym, for it is filled with a species known as the 'New Year Resolutioners'.

#49 Zinzan

Zinzan

Megatimer

• Members
  • 1,478 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 03:00 PM

zinzan, do keep us posted on your progress with that program. i've watched the video, and the guy keeps saying it's with money-back guarantee.
i'm quite interested to see if it really is as effective as he says.

Kenterong, just an update now I'm in Phase 4 which supposedly get rids of all belly fat if you following the diet and at this phase is suppose to equip all the necessary training. In Phase 3 was building mass and shocking the muscle, i was carrying hardcore heavyweights with no rest days 12 days straight. Man, that was grueling. Even some of my friends at the gym was commenting that my routine now is quite hardcore. I go to my golf club gym so no weightlifters.

Overall my thoughts on the program. Its good, i like the way its structured. Its quick and fast, your only in the gym for an hour. Its cardio its quite different to what your used to ie treadmills, stair climber etc. Results since i'm not following the diet so still dont have the six pack but im leaner now, lost inches around tummy my pants are a bit more looser, a bit more muscular now. Weight wise no diff, ive not weighed myself recently though. The supposed "afterburn" i kind of feel it, now im getting hungry quite frequently which is in sync with the their meal programs which is 5 small meals a day. Overall ill recommend the program for somebody who needs some guidance to do the exercise cant be arsed to get an instructor. I think its suited for relative beginners to intermediate, so Shane this doesn't apply to you.

#50 kenterong

kenterong

Megatimer

• Members
  • 229 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 06:27 PM

zinzan, thanks for the update. glad to know it's kind of working for you. i'm trying out heavy lifts myself these days (deadlifts, squats, bench presses), since i'm one of those hardgainers. something i've never done before (except for bench presses), but perhaps a little too soon to tell if it's having the intended effect.

you don't happen to be going to the golf club at jalan kelab golf, do you?

#51 Zinzan

Zinzan

Megatimer

• Members
  • 1,478 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 09:48 PM

Not that one, I go to the one in subang

#52 shanecross

shanecross

Megatimer

• Members
  • 303 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 10:00 PM

Lets all workout together one day. Call it the kerbau training session or smthn

#53 Desvaro

Desvaro

Smalltimer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 09:37 AM

Lets all workout together one day. Call it the kerbau training session or smthn

Shall we try squatting in our suits?

#54 shanecross

shanecross

Megatimer

• Members
  • 303 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 07:56 PM

I wouldnt mind but I'll strongly encourage non-slim fit trousers

#55 NoName

NoName

Bigtimer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 144 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 12:03 PM

What happens when one does push-ups before ironing...

Posted Image

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

#56 "6"

"6"

Megatimer

• Members
  • 1,736 posts
  • LocationAnak Kedah

Posted 06 February 2013 - 10:21 AM

I wouldnt mind but I'll strongly encourage non-slim fit trousers

Guys please, spandex only for a kerbau workout.

I've been doing the 'squats and milk' program lately. It's a good full body workout focusing on 20 rep squats at the beginning. It's intense, and I'm only able to do it twice a week with my schedule - 4 weeks in now, and its been yielding some good results, considering I'm only putting in 2 hours of effort a week. (3.5 kilo gain so far)

I'll probably need to ramp it up to 3 times per week to see continual gains though.

#57 kenterong

kenterong

Megatimer

• Members
  • 229 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 11:55 AM

wow, 20 reps per set? how many sets?

no deadlifts to go with the squats?

#58 "6"

"6"

Megatimer

• Members
  • 1,736 posts
  • LocationAnak Kedah

Posted 06 February 2013 - 03:50 PM

1 set mate. Warm up as appropriate of course.

The idea is to get a weight you can do for 12-15 reps comfortably, but to do 20 reps without racking the weight. But you can take as long as you want between reps. Every workout, increase the total weight by 5 lbs. Its the increments that slowly add up and put overload on your body. So if you assume an 8 week on this regime, with 3 workouts per week, then the theory is that you would have increased your capacity by 120lbs. In reality though, some weeks I just keep the same weight because its still challenging. As long as my body responds I don't care how much I lift.

Re: deads, if you workout 3 times a week, you can probably squat on day 1 and 3, then deadlift on day 2.

#59 shanecross

shanecross

Megatimer

• Members
  • 303 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 04:59 PM

Squat is good. But watch the form

Posted Image

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

#60 joonian

joonian

Megatimer

• Alfa once more
  • 2,134 posts
  • Location-

Posted 06 February 2013 - 08:18 PM

shane: do you put the bar so low on your back? i've been following rippetoe's book... i don't know if i'm doing it right, but i place the bar just at the top of the shoulder blades, and my thumbs/hands go over the bar to stabilise it (instead of under it).

Also... is that 160kg??? Damn.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users