4124 replies to this topic

#1 kotmj

kotmj

Megatimer

• Members
  • 7,603 posts
  • LocationBukit Rimau

Posted 25 October 2011 - 10:48 PM

PhiloVances pair of old distinguished Edward Greens before restoration. The quality wafts from the screen...
Posted Image

#2 terrorsquad

terrorsquad

Megatimer

• Yang Berbahagia
  • 1,581 posts

Posted 27 October 2011 - 04:16 PM

Lets do a poll for the shoes that we aspire to have.Mine are as below:
1) Lattanzi
2) Bontoni,
3) Gaziano and Girling
4) Vass
5) Corthay
6) John Lobb (St James)
7) Edward Green

I am looking at getting some Dark Brown/Burgundy Vass Double Monks in the U last. Do let me know if you guys have any idea how to order the?Ive looked at margoandralph.com but their designs are limited while the budapester seems to never to respond to my emails. SF members Trombone and Kolecho also do not have any stock in my size.

#3 gshen

gshen

Smalltimer

• The Chairman
  • PipPip
  • 84 posts

Posted 29 October 2011 - 11:05 AM

Hi fellers!

Vass is my favourite RTW thus far. If you have the budget, i hear Saint Crispin's is even sweeter.

Essentially Vass doesn't stock any models of the popular U or F last stuff, so you pretty much have to go MTO. Even when i visited the mothership in Budapest, this was the case. You can order them directly through Vass which is a real crapshot - they either dont reply your emails at all, or inadvertently mess up your details. Or you can pay a bit of a premium for insurance and order them through Kolecho, who is super reliable and can give you good advice re-fit, and possibly even style.

#4 terrorsquad

terrorsquad

Megatimer

• Yang Berbahagia
  • 1,581 posts

Posted 29 October 2011 - 11:32 AM

Thanks gerald!i have asked Kolecho but he does not have anything in my size rite now...

#5 gshen

gshen

Smalltimer

• The Chairman
  • PipPip
  • 84 posts

Posted 29 October 2011 - 11:56 AM

And he never will have anything in your size ready to go!

You have to tell him exactly what you want in your size, and he places an order for you with Vass. You pay $$, and a few months later your shoes arrives at your place.

#6 terrorsquad

terrorsquad

Megatimer

• Yang Berbahagia
  • 1,581 posts

Posted 29 October 2011 - 01:10 PM

Oho...apparently thats the case..ok,i'll place an order with him.thanks man!

#7 kotmj

kotmj

Megatimer

• Members
  • 7,603 posts
  • LocationBukit Rimau

Posted 29 October 2011 - 09:24 PM

Personally, paprikas capture my imagination, but fritzl's so-called "FAQ" on it is a long disjointed thread and nowhere is it clear just what they are, how they are different from normal shoes, how you go about ordering them or how much. I find the paprikas interesting because they seem rather wide and I have wide feet and because people who have them (shoe connoisseurs, every one of them) seem enthusiastic about them.

#8 gshen

gshen

Smalltimer

• The Chairman
  • PipPip
  • 84 posts

Posted 31 October 2011 - 08:24 AM

Like these?

Posted Image

I think he kinda uses it as a catch all term for Austro Hungarian shoes. There are some that are deadstock pieces, bespoke pieces that were never collected, etc..mostly wood pegged construction AFAIK. Mine are a sample pair from a project he was working on with with Handmacher for which he had the leather made to his specs. While they started off quite stiff (as wood pegged soles tend to be i guess) they've worn in nicely now, and the last shape has really grown on me.

#9 Guest_terrorsquad_*

Guest_terrorsquad_*
  • Guests

Posted 31 October 2011 - 10:29 AM

beautifull shoes gerald!

#10 kotmj

kotmj

Megatimer

• Members
  • 7,603 posts
  • LocationBukit Rimau

Posted 31 October 2011 - 02:43 PM

This thread is a threat to my financial solvency.

#11 gshen

gshen

Smalltimer

• The Chairman
  • PipPip
  • 84 posts

Posted 03 November 2011 - 11:19 AM

Guess what arrived from HKG yesterday?

Posted Image

#12 terrorsquad

terrorsquad

Megatimer

• Yang Berbahagia
  • 1,581 posts

Posted 03 November 2011 - 04:20 PM

dont tease us gerald!pics of the shoes please!who did you order it from and may we know how much ????

#13 gshen

gshen

Smalltimer

• The Chairman
  • PipPip
  • 84 posts

Posted 04 November 2011 - 09:08 PM

Damn forum wont allow me to post pics, so here's a link to my tumblr post instead: http://gshen65.tumbl...ost/12273287931

#14 terrorsquad

terrorsquad

Megatimer

• Yang Berbahagia
  • 1,581 posts

Posted 04 November 2011 - 09:16 PM

Those are gorgeous shoes!Did you order from kolecho?

#15 gshen

gshen

Smalltimer

• The Chairman
  • PipPip
  • 84 posts

Posted 04 November 2011 - 10:07 PM

Yep:)

#16 Guest_Human Nature_*

Guest_Human Nature_*
  • Guests

Posted 05 November 2011 - 12:50 PM

How do Vass shoes fare againts Loakes, C&J, Florsheim, etc?

#17 terrorsquad

terrorsquad

Megatimer

• Yang Berbahagia
  • 1,581 posts

Posted 05 November 2011 - 03:49 PM

They are miles and miles ahead of florsheim aand loake and way superior to C&J as they are handmade...

#18 dynamite

dynamite

Smalltimer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 73 posts

Posted 14 November 2011 - 05:05 PM

Guys, what are your thoughts on tan shoes and the colour of trousers they can be matched with?
Recently wore a pair of tan lace-ups with mid-grey trousers, and got a combination of good and not-so-good feedback.

#19 deriku

deriku

Bigtimer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 161 posts

Posted 14 November 2011 - 05:48 PM

I normally pair my tan shoes with charcoal or navy trousers. IMO mid/light grey trousers would look better with darker coloured shoes, e.g. dark brown, burgundy or black. Somehow I like the contrast they create.

#20 kotmj

kotmj

Megatimer

• Members
  • 7,603 posts
  • LocationBukit Rimau

Posted 14 November 2011 - 06:15 PM

There is a spectrum to tans and greys. If you pair light tan shoes with darker grey trousers, I can see why people find the look dissonant. Too much contrast. I regularly wear chestnut shoes with mid grey trousers and people do not say anything. But then nobody says anything about what I wear anymore, I guess I'm just too consistently different, like I dropped to earth from another planet. I do not like too much contrast between shoes and trousers.

It also depends on what kind of tan shoes.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bing (1)