kotmj

Dress shoes

So i received my first ever dress shoe,after some walk from office to mamak,the heels became this:

heelq.th.jpg

Am i overthink it?or i'm really rough on it??

Should i topy the heels area,ur opinion?

Btw,Master-fix@Paragon charge me S$45 for Vibram put on at front half sole,is it overprice?

So i received my first ever dress shoe,after some walk from office to mamak,the heels became this:

heelq.th.jpg

Am i overthink it?or i'm really rough on it??

Ce normal. You probably stepped on some rough uneven surfaces, most likely roads and sidewalks with bitumen.

Btw,Master-fix@Paragon charge me S$45 for Vibram put on at front half sole,is it overprice?

Probably don't need to do that until the corner of the heels wear away significantly.

I don't know if Master-Fix does things any better/differently, but Shine's @ Vivo charges S$35 for Vibram front half sole (S$37 for Continental). He does have a thicker version of Vibram for S$45, so it's possible that Master-Fix is using that as well and the prices are the same.

Thanks for the recommend,perhaps i should give the Shine@Vivo a try on my next shoe to see the difference.

I paid 65 for both half sole and heel

I was inspecting my shoes earlier today, and God, most of them have craters in the lining. It appears that my toes can excavate holes while walking. Even the lining on my few months old Meermins have started to show signs of wear on top of the toe area.

Kotmj - "Is it this big when flaccid?"

I thought most on here would recognise these as St Crispins so I did not bother with the frivolities. But here they are for the record. Model 524C Chukka in 611 Bordeaux Crust Calf on Classic Last. Pronounced vintaging was requested and added as can be seen below. The opening is not that wide so as to require broad trouser cuffs. Perfect in every way.

http://chukka2.jpg

Embarrassing. Remember that photo of the shoes I posted some time ago. That wasn't mine. It was for another customer.

Here's mine, from Nick:

tumblr_mmkzkoefyB1qj30hzo3_500_zpsec2dc341.jpg

tumblr_mmkzkoefyB1qj30hzo7_1280_zps434f8182.jpg

tumblr_mmkzkoefyB1qj30hzo6_1280_zps84e7a396.jpg

The texture is really something. Lends a lot of rusticity and adds some 26.5 years to one's age.

• Like 2

Want to wear it as part of a casual summer outfit, with cream/white linen trousers and chambray/light blue shirts/linen shirts with folded up sleeves.

As part of my 'Summer Project', I recently commissioned a whole slew of shirts with this 'one-piece collar' that I intend to wear without tie, and unbuttoned.

image_zps5ad53d86.jpeg

tumblr_m2x8hlIiO21qa2j8co9_r1_1280_zpsb0b234e0.jpg

Want to wear it as part of a casual summer outfit, with cream/white linen trousers and chambray/light blue shirts/linen shirts with folded up sleeves.

As part of my 'Summer Project', I recently commissioned a whole slew of shirts with this 'one-piece collar' that I intend to wear without tie, and unbuttoned.

image_zps5ad53d86.jpeg

tumblr_m2x8hlIiO21qa2j8co9_r1_1280_zpsb0b234e0.jpg

LOL, fat boy above really cracked me up a few months ago. Selling a display piece of G&G (presumably tried on many times, scuff marks on sole etc) at full price. When asked if he would lower the price to reflect the fact that these are not strictly brand new, he said " they're even better than new because they've been polished by ME." What a twat!

• Like 1

Embarrassing. Remember that photo of the shoes I posted some time ago. That wasn't mine. It was for another customer.

Here's mine, from Nick:

tumblr_mmkzkoefyB1qj30hzo3_500_zpsec2dc341.jpg

tumblr_mmkzkoefyB1qj30hzo7_1280_zps434f8182.jpg

tumblr_mmkzkoefyB1qj30hzo6_1280_zps84e7a396.jpg

These look like what I term 'whim shoes'. You buy them on a whim because you think hatch grain is cool, then wear them two-three times, then pfffft, the longing just fizzles. I hope I'm wrong though as they couldn't have come cheap.

Why are shoes made up of hatchgrain, a pair of shoes that are purchased on the whim? Because they're a somewhat frivolous leather?

I must agree that it was purchased for: A) the novelty of hatchgrain leather B ) the lazy man style C) I believe they can be worn casually and that is how I intend to wear them D) I'm too cheap to pay 2800 SGD more for Russian Reindeer.

I do intend to wear them, hopefully, for years to come.

*Out of interest, how did you respond to Ethan?

Why are shoes made up of hatchgrain, a pair of shoes that are purchased on the whim? Because they're a somewhat frivolous leather?

I must agree that it was purchased for: A) the novelty of hatchgrain leather B) the lazy man style C) I believe they can be worn casually and that is how I intend to wear them D) I'm too cheap to pay 2800 SGD more for Russian Reindeer.

I do intend to wear them, hopefully, for years to come.

I think they looked very cool. Perfectly suited to wear when you give us a tour of your amazing future library.

Bonjour, je m'apelle Pierre Hermé (avec accent aigu é).

How are your shoes from Edwin coming along?

Remind me again. Do you get pitched heels for them?

It is still less than a month. Edwin did say earliest 4 weeks. But I am not too worry about it. I will only collect them late June when I return to Singapore and will inaugurate them at the Japanese blind pianist concert at the Esplanade.

Yes I did get the chamfered heel. It is something of a novelty (at least for me) with sensible functions.

Bonjour, je m'apelle Pierre Hermé (avec accent aigu é).