kotmj

Dress shoes

is barker worth to buy?

any other brand worth to purchase in KL?

prefer lace up shoes.

Agree with the others, do not get Barkers, I have owned a few and I can also confirm that their quality do not reflect their prices. Try Meermin, very good quality for their prices at a relatively low price point. Otherwise if you have a bit more to spend, Crockett & Jones or Cheaneys.are safe bets/good purchases. You can order Meermins or CnJs online.

Am only limited to brands i can try in person.

Sadly buying without trying i have not been having any luck.

P. Lal carry some Cheaneys which you can try on. I wont recommend getting their Loakes as I suspect they are bought from the manufacturer as seconds (i.e. contains some sort of defect)

Alternatively there are more options in Singapore: Ed At Al. - they make their own shoes - some are on sale now I believe. There is also Carmina in Sinagpore.

Otherwise there is very little choice in Malaysia...although I heard another shoe retailer plans to open in KL, with Crockett and Jones as one of their brands they are carrying. One of my friends overhead this from the staff at the crockett and jones store in london...

Where can I get sanders in KL?

Only can purchases online?

C n J is slightly over budget, I can buy if they have sales

Not confidence on meermin a lot of people trying to sell them

Plal are selling c n j but price around 3k TT

The Loakes at PLal are not seconds. There are Cheaney seconds. The Barker Loakes are all new as are the Cheaney Imperials and regular lines. Barkers there are a tad overpriced however as they are of the same grade as the Loake 1880s. Go for the Loakes Cheaney Imperials, Sutor Manellasi and the G&G there.

One can never have too many shoes......or cars...or watches...or houses...or...

motoring-malaysia.blogspot.com

and

amalaysianman.blogspot.com/

I had a few pair from EEA,Meermin over EEA on leather quality(not sure about the latest collection ) EEA won over style and various of choice

• Like 1

I had a bad experience with purchasing a pair of EEA.

I planned to buy a pair EEA with my fitting so I went Singapore last Friday.

The staff told me the online sale is not ready in store. I can only purchase online with debit or credit card.

Then, I asked him to order a pair for me by paying cash. He said cannot.

On Monday, I whatsapp-ed them if there any possibility the shoes deliver within Singapore by Wednesday as my friend is coming to Malaysia this Thursday. They replied the earliest they can get the shoes ready is on Thursday and that is if my friend can collect in store. Online purchase done on Monday. I reminded them to get the shoes ready by Thursday but the replied me like this..." When the transaction was made, it clearly states 7 working days for delivery and will try their best to bring the shoes to the store by Thursday.

They advised to collect the shoes at 4-6pm. My friend reached Millenia Walk around 5.30pm, however, the staff said they forgot to bring 2 shoes to store (one is mine) and told my friend to wait... And blamed I didn't give specific time to them.....My friend wait around 1and half hours there...

What kind of service is it? provided by Ed Et Al?

Sounds to me like a low calibre retail assistant. If you dealt with a higher caliber person, say the proprietor, it would have been faster and more pleasant. You would then be dealing with quite a person, instead of a lowly bureaucrat who doesn't know how to make things happen. Problem is high caliber people do not work retail unless items are big ticket.

I had a bad experience with purchasing a pair of EEA.

I planned to buy a pair EEA with my fitting so I went Singapore last Friday.

The staff told me the online sale is not ready in store. I can only purchase online with debit or credit card.

Then, I asked him to order a pair for me by paying cash. He said cannot.

On Monday, I whatsapp-ed them if there any possibility the shoes deliver within Singapore by Wednesday as my friend is coming to Malaysia this Thursday. They replied the earliest they can get the shoes ready is on Thursday and that is if my friend can collect in store. Online purchase done on Monday. I reminded them to get the shoes ready by Thursday but the replied me like this..." When the transaction was made, it clearly states 7 working days for delivery and will try their best to bring the shoes to the store by Thursday.

They advised to collect the shoes at 4-6pm. My friend reached Millenia Walk around 5.30pm, however, the staff said they forgot to bring 2 shoes to store (one is mine) and told my friend to wait... And blamed I didn't give specific time to them.....My friend wait around 1and half hours there...

What kind of service is it? provided by Ed Et Al?

Make a complaint. 

http://edetal.sg/pages/contact-us Telephone: (+65) 6337 8919      Email: enquiry@edetal.sg

https://www.facebook.com/edetal.sg

complaint? what for? help edwin to train staff?

or trying to get some compensation from them? haha

my friend called on Thursday's morning.. the staff advised the shoes will arrive 4-6....

but the way he talk to my friend like...shift the blame to me...

(I didn't specify the time but we did call to check when the goods will be ready in store in the morning)

@@... really bad service... 

next, why he can get the shoes within 2 hours but cant get it in store the next day when I asked on Monday!!??

amazing... 

email edwin already...

@kotmj there's a problem with your argument...  how high is the guy's calibre when he can't even train low calibre staff properly?

You are tunnelling in on a momentary weakness -- momentary because the ranks of retail assistants experience high employment turnover. To start a shoe brand from scratch and still be around after 5 years is exceptional performance; he even has a retail presence in a shopping area. Shoe brands come and go like retail assistants. If this is not high calibre it is difficult to imagine what is. The proprietor/founder has to oversee product design, material sourcing, partner manufacturing, logistics, marketing, operate internet and bricks-and-mortar retail channels, on top of the usual legal, finance and HR aspects. The retail assistant couldn't even deal with a single semi-complex transaction. (He may be smart enough to dust the shelves.)

• Like 1