kotmj

Dress shoes

Sorry for the bad experience, we will take this into consideration and we apologize for any lapse of service.
Thank you for your feedback.

This is what I get from them... haha... no point to complaint..

Herring has several lines. Loake, Cheaney and most recently Alfred Sargent has produced shoes for them. Alfred Sargent produces the Royal & 1966 collection for Herring. 

Loake 1880 is nice in terms of quality and pricing especially from Pediwear where you get a 15% off as a Loake member after your first purchase of Loake shoes from them plus they have free shipping atm  :ph34r: 

Pediwear also has a MTO program with Loake which they have commissioned several designs recently. Pediwear has told me that to get MTO from Loake, there is a minimum of 40 pairs required. Hopefully they do a Burford boot with the Capital Last. 

I suppose it's an alternative to those who dislike dealing with the lady proprietor of the Ikano cobbler...

Well , mine is the distance. Being in East Malaysia is just too far to pop into the store to get their service  :ph34r:

Is massimo dutti tassel loafer worth to buy?

Comfortable?

They are having sales now.. RM 496 after discount. Before 596

Supposedly made in Spain or Portugal. Made on a budget hence the 'reasonable' retail price of RM600. Most are Blake stitched in construction but the leathers are of a lower grade most of the time - you can tell by the thinner feeling leather used - even the suedes (some are fabric lined inside instead of fully leather lined). Even so, They  are still better than any ALDO, Bata, Hush Puppies and 95% of the Clarks sold in Malaysia (aside from the Clarks Goodyear welted made in india line which is close to the India mari entry level Loakes). Their driving shoes or mocs are on par with sacoor bros driver shoes but you can get them cheaper at Sacoor bros outlet stores. The Sacoor bros dress shoes that cost over RM1K are better than what is offered by Massimo Dutti but in this case, I'd rather shop at PLAL's as the 1880 series of Loakes are a better buy in terms of quality.

The styling or shape of the shoes are attractive. I would buy them at under RM400 only as these are actually USD 100 shoes at the most. Actually, I would only buy these shoe if they were around RM300 for shoes for me to play around with and/or experiment on changing its patina. These are beater shoes in terms of quality. Not something to think that highly of.

Wait for further reduction. Massimo Dutti does this usually a few weeks after the sale starts. Of course, you may not have sizes and may have to hunt for size at the various stores around KL. 

One can never have too many shoes......or cars...or watches...or houses...or...

motoring-malaysia.blogspot.com

and

amalaysianman.blogspot.com/

Nice, nice, etc.

I am feeling a need for new shoes, but still will never buy online. I just can't spend days looking for the right brand, model, leather, size, then fill in their online form and pay them then micromanage the delivery ( where I live, the delivery people operate like they are in a rural area, i.e. very unprofessional, I have to chase them down to get my parcels) only to find out they are the right size but the wrong shape, and therefore unwearable. Yes, I can return them or sell them, etc. but I don't have the time to deal with these things.

Over the years, I've had many people tell me that they have bought such and such a shoe online and it didn't fit. I, too, once bought a pair online. It was the right size -- but the wrong shape! I wore it many times in the hope it will break in. It's like a manager who made a wrong hiring decision but kept the guy hoping he will eventual reform and be productive. Never works.

I can't even meet up with a seller locally to buy his shoe. I don't want to set an appointment, drive to appointment, only to find the shoe doesn't fit beautifully. That's what I'm looking for -- a shoe that seems to have been made for my feet. With shoes, I really don't like to compromise on fit. It has to fit beautifully out of the box or I won't wear it.

It is clear to me I'm an exception because the online shoe sellers are doing brisk business.

The only way for me to buy a shoe is to go to a large shoe shop then start putting on one shoe after another until finally I insert my foot into one and I hear a whoosh! as the air comes out and my foot slides in and... nothing. Do I have the shoe on? Really? It doesn't feel like I have anything on. Where my foot has matter, the shoe has none, and vice versa.

I agree with this. I've compromised too much on shoe fit throughout my younger years (I'm a size 12, wide) that I expect nothing less than a perfect fit. Big shoes are inherently expensive in Malaysia, due to their rarity. I tolerate no pinching, no 'waiting for it to break in' and no expectation of blistered feet in the first few days/weeks of wearing them.

There is a shoe company from Taiwan that can apply antiquing/patina on shoes. The company expanded onto Singapore's shores in September, starting with a roadshow in October. I was there at the opening and roadshow but did not take pictures. To be found at Takashimaya, I recently found their shoes at The Redundant Shop #01-71 Millennia Walk. 

Facebook Taiwan: https://www.facebook.com/GraziatTaipei/

Facebook Singapore: https://www.facebook.com/GraziatSingapore/

Importer is a Taiwanese guy based in Singapore named Gino Gau, who I believe also dabbles in importing business of other lifestyle items. https://fancy.com/GinoGau. Difficult to live off selling shoes alone.

EbRmRgC.jpg

d383I4K.jpg

Gino probably based the pricing against retail prices of Berluti. 

Hey guys,

I was wondering if this forum has a buy and sell section? I'm new here but not new to tailoring and dress shoes. I have a pair of dark brown suede penny loafers from Vass which do no fit me quite as well. Hoping that someone might be interested. If this is the right place then I'd love to show you more.

I'm based in Brunei btw.

Styleforum: http://www.styleforum.net/u/201737/hazwanazani

Hey guys,

I was wondering if this forum has a buy and sell section? I'm new here but not new to tailoring and dress shoes. I have a pair of dark brown suede penny loafers from Vass which do no fit me quite as well. Hoping that someone might be interested. If this is the right place then I'd love to show you more.

I'm based in Brunei btw.

Styleforum: http://www.styleforum.net/u/201737/hazwanazani

You need at least 30 posts to start a thread in the Bazaar.

Vass is extremely well-reviewed but I never got any because I simply won't buy shoes without trying them on...

Its carried in higher end department stores in Australia.

Personally bought one horsehair brush from them. Underwhelming product.

Haven't used their waxes/creams.

Colonil and Woly are probably better for widely available kit.

Happy to hear otherwise.