kotmj

Dress shoes

You need at least 30 posts to start a thread in the Bazaar.

Vass is extremely well-reviewed but I never got any because I simply won't buy shoes without trying them on...

Thanks, I was figuring out why I couldn't post anything yet. And I agree with you on that. Their sizing can vary immensely due to the hand-welting process. The oxfords fit me fine but loafers are a perpetual problem with me.

Hello everyone! I am new to this forum. After owning a pair of Benchmade C&J Hallam, I am now looking for two pairs of beater shoes. One in black leather and one in tan. I just learned about Meermin having the best quality to price ratio but many have complained about the squeaking noise when you walk and some QC issues.

Would you all be kind enough to share with me other alternatives? Someone suggested Loake 1880. Are there anymore shoes brands that I should look at?

I live in Malaysia. I can get Loake at P Lal. How much is it now?

Thank you so much! God bless.

Hello everyone! I am new to this forum. After owning a pair of Benchmade C&J Hallam, I am now looking for two pairs of beater shoes. One in black leather and one in tan. I just learned about Meermin having the best quality to price ratio but many have complained about the squeaking noise when you walk and some QC issues.

Would you all be kind enough to share with me other alternatives? Someone suggested Loake 1880. Are there anymore shoes brands that I should look at?

I live in Malaysia. I can get Loake at P Lal. How much is it now?

Thank you so much! God bless.

The 1880 is the top range Loakes. Second in line is the Shoemaker series. I personally recommend the 1880 and some of the Shoemaker series. 1880 di not use corrected grain or bookbinder leather and look very natural and therefore nice. PLal sells the whole range of Loakes..1880s cost in the rm900 region. i personally think the 1880s are nice and I have a pair.

The cheapest rm500 range of shoes sold there are turkish made ..mostly stuck on soles with some mocassin style construction.

If u have over rm2200 to spend. The Sutor Mantellassi shoes there are sublime. They are as good or better than the gaziano girling shoes sold there.

• Like 1

One can never have too many shoes......or cars...or watches...or houses...or...

motoring-malaysia.blogspot.com

and

amalaysianman.blogspot.com/

The 1880 is the top range Loakes. Second in line is the Shoemaker series. I personally recommend the 1880 and some of the Shoemaker series. 1880 di not use corrected grain or bookbinder leather and look very natural and therefore nice. PLal sells the whole range of Loakes..1880s cost in the rm900 region. i personally think the 1880s are nice and I have a pair.

The cheapest rm500 range of shoes sold there are turkish made ..mostly stuck on soles with some mocassin style construction.

If u have over rm2200 to spend. The Sutor Mantellassi shoes there are sublime. They are as good or better than the gaziano girling shoes sold there.

Thank you so much for your info. I was told that the lower range of Loake shoes are made in India.

Loake 1880 is now rm985 at P Lal inclusive of GST. Is this the cheapest or Pediwear is cheaper?

Thank you so much for your info. I was told that the lower range of Loake shoes are made in India.

Loake 1880 is now rm985 at P Lal inclusive of GST. Is this the cheapest or Pediwear is cheaper?

I would prefer to support my local dealer. If we do not buy from the local importer (plal) or tailor (like kotmj, ah loke or my own tailor) we're gonna see the downfall of local suppliers, local craftsmen, talent and heritage. If cheaper is just a hundred ringgit or so then I will still go to the local fella. Is RM985 expensive? For something that lasts decades...nope. Plal has lasted for decades....I would like them to carry on lasting for decades too. Imagine a KL without a store like PLal. Not good.

Furthermore, I like trying out the product and buying what I tried. Especially shoes. 

• Like 2

and

I wish I could buy from P Lal but they are out of stock. And the new stock will increase 30% in price.

Does Pediwear Loake shoes ever go on sale? Currently, they are offering free shipping worldwide for any purchase of Loake shoes above GBP150. Is that the best deal? Or they had offered even better deal in the past?

When I was busily addicted to good shoes over ten-fifteen years ago the price for loakes at pediwear was around GBP100. Prices always increase eventually. Everywhere.

The ones that are on sale are usually last few pieces left in stock or in that discontinued style.

Plal brings in at least two shipments loakes per year..sometimes more. You could get them to call you once it arrives.

and

First time ordering anything from Taobao. Just surpassed my expectations with this set of shoe trees. I thought the package will be in a simple bubble wrap over generic looking shoe trees. Instead, they came with a proper shoe box (with a brand!), drawstring carrier, bubble wrap and paper.

wcft3P8.jpg

Alas sizing is not accurate. Europe Size 41 marked on the shoe tree seems more suitable for UK Size 8 and above. Width of shoe tree is wider than normal. Knobs need to be tightened as they come loose off the box. General stiffness will probably go away after a few uses.

How much did you pay for the shoe tree and shipping?

For orders with 4 pairs or more, it's EUR14.75 per unit.

Shipping depends on volume. For an estimate, if we order 10 units, it will cost around EUR18.97 or approx RM80 per shoe trees.

Plan to put in the order by end of this month. Do let me know if you are interested.

For now we have:

Teoky - 2 pairs

hehdx86 - 3 pairs

Am I too late for the group buy?

I need your opinion on Meermin Classic line vs Loake 1880. Which one is better in quality?

I think Loake 1880 leather/QC is better than Meermin Classic.

• Like 1