kotmj

Dress shoes

2 hours ago, "6" said:

The Carmina’s I talked my dad into buying a few years ago (2012 ish). On their Robert last.

I gave them a quick 20 min conditioning / polishing. 

fd73781dfeee52674f2b989174366b2266f39f41

5e4102a2cb3474f7a28661e129f390fbfcecad5e

Delightful

Picked up a pair of dark navy Goodyear Welted derby boots from The Suit Company at one of their outlet stores in Japan. Seems interesting to me that shoemaking are now being outsourced to countries like Cambodia and Laos. I am not sure of the quality of the leather but the insides are decently comfortable. This pair comes with a storm welt too. Nails in back heels. Small little details mar it and you can see from the seams. I am not a shoe snob so I am none too bothered.  

SgJGjuG.jpg

HdglPGB.jpg

wzvxGaW.jpg

The split toe design is akin to the Alden Indy. Impressive this was produced in Laos.

Wear them in the best of health.

Lazyman Cleverleys make a rare appearance. Trying to wear my dress shoes more, despite the super casual setting in my office. 

0fa67c9e94eab7ddae4208376dd65c6ee2459f5c

I don't know 6. I've yet to worn them. But it feels nice right out of the box. 

I bought the shoe because there are 25 percent discount and save me about 100usd. Normal price RTW line will make it on par with Carmina. The shoe also features letherboard heel stiffeners. It is on MGF last which is very generous forefoot and voluminous instep.

You might want to check Justin for his MTO program. But 6, you wearing Cleverley. Completely another level to compare it with Justin. I saw your post the other day about Cleverley and there are delightful 6. I do check their website and it is completely out of my league.

There was a promotion for Cobbler Union shoes in the Parisian Gentleman website and so got these. Took some time to get here due to some order mismanagement and nature of shoes being made in small batches. 

AgwOKR8.jpg

yRFKOCG.jpg

fcDPGib.jpg

(I have bad lighting so tried to colour correct to be as accurate as possible)