Sign in to follow this  
kotmj

What did you eat just now?

To start off this thread I combed through the SD card of my camera and found these pics.

A seafood risotto I cooked myself

risotto.jpg

The spaghetti version of it

spag.jpg

Foie gras at Tamarind Springs

foiegras.jpg

Guest uturn

Damn....& u cook too! What don't u do?!!?

Just had lunch at Meatworks @ solaris. Had Beef caparcio, Milk fed lamb shanks & apple pie. No pics tho coz wuz having lunch with people i just met. The lamb shanks is recommendable. The caparcio-had better..the apple pie-still couldn't beat George & Dragons' apple pie.

Missed lunch. Aiseh. Kotmj: how's the foie gras at TS? Been to Tamarind Hill before...so-so lah (maybe the bill dulled my experience). My missus's crazy about foie gras.

Wait, I think it was Tamarind Hill not Springs. It's up on a little mound in the middle of KL. Not the place in Ampang.

I could eat with more abandon since the company was footing the bill. It tasted very rich.

I could not relate to the food there -- it's a sort of East-West fusion.

Yup...sounds like Tamarind Hill. Honestly, 'fusion' tells me that the restaurant isn't sure of its identity. OTOH, an eatery that sells just ONE dish must be good. Take for example the Asam Pedas shops in Melaka city. Your only choice is 'what fish?'. You have no other say.

I wonder...if we force-fed our local chickens fat, could we produce a chicken foie gras equivalent?

Some of my favourite places to eat:

Steak : Prime at Le Meridien and Suzie's Corner, Ampang

Yong Tau Foo : Some stall by MRR2 near Ampang, Gombak bound. Cannot remember the name.

Burgers : I DIY burgers at home, but I source the patties from Las Vacas (Mont Kiara or Kelana Jaya)

Italian fare : Prego, at The Westin

Asam Pedas : Havent found one in KL that's worthy, yet

We have this Starwood Privilege Card, allowing us a 50% discount (if dining for 2) at Westin, Sheraton or Le Meridien. Hence, I eat a fair amount. Hence, I'm not physically bond-like. And hence, as much as I would like to try out a FCSB suit at one of your recommended tailors, I think it would take a WHOLE new way of doing things, heh heh.

Asam Pedas : Havent found one in KL that's worthy, yet

have you tried asam pedas komando/commando at ampang (taman dagang, if i remember correctly)? they also have a facebook page.

have you tried asam pedas komando/commando at ampang (taman dagang, if i remember correctly)? they also have a facebook page.

There'a also an awesome asam pedas eatery in the vicinity of Setapak Driving Range. Rice + salad + a bowl of wicked asam pedas = RM5! They cook it Johor style.

Edited by uturn

I'll try those 2 ASAP. We eat out a lot. And watch movies a lot. Hey, Kotmj....how about a section on entertainment review? You could start with your 1911 film.

I think our chickens are already force fed by manipulating the lights, any more and we would be eating mutants that were specifically bred to grow as fast as possible on specially formulated feed that causes many to have dead tissue in their breasts because their hearts are too small to pump all that blood properly through their oversized bodies and many of whom easily die from cardiac arrest.

I've tried the steak stall at Suzy's Corner. Low-priced, good steak, but the ambience is bad.

BTW, I once watched a very inspirational talk on foie gras. Here it is:

http://www.ted.com/talks/lang/eng/dan_barber_s_surprising_foie_gras_parable.html

• Like 1

Had daging 'dinding' at Berjaya's in Bangsar. The Auntie there has goldfish-memory, but she makes one awesome 'beaten' beef dish. The noodles there are awesome as well.

grilled fish was from the coffeeshop nearby..

bak chor mee was from ang mo kio avenue 10.. supposedly one of the best ones found locally, woke up especially early just to try it as they close quite early in the afternoon.

abalone, mushrooms, prawns, fishballs and a crazy amount of shallots and lard bits.. all for just $4/$5.

http://ieatishootipost.sg/2011/09/chia-keng-kway-teow-mee-arguably-best.html

I like nasi ayam borjari in Madam Kwan's but i feel they've dropped their standard probably because of over expansion. I still bring my overseas client there for an easy introduction to Malaysian food.

What an incredible day. I left my apartment at 7 a.m. and have been up and about until now.

I thought I've seen it all, but today really taught me that there are many surprising things to discover.

Cheesecake and coffee at Prince Hotel, Jalan Conlay:

PC032892.jpg

Breakfast.

PC042899.jpg

I was walking about after that and while on the elevator, there was a man two steps in front of me wearing a black dress shirt, black trousers and black shoes texting on his mobile. He was Mr Lim Kok Wing.