Sign in to follow this  
kotmj

What did you eat just now?

Quite surprised to hear this actually! I thought the Xtrans sensors tended to reflect colours as they are, but by your comments they're instead washed out. 

These are the guys who are known to have great out of camera shots.

In the picture below, I am holding my iPad vertically with my left hand while my right hand is holding the camera with which the picture was taken. The iPad is displaying the picture of the bottle taken with the Fujifilm XM-1. To the right is the bottle, itself, in the flesh.

image_zpsjmadatag.jpeg

And in this picture, the iPad is displaying the picture I took earlier with the Canon 70D.

image_zpsjrvtuxjt.jpeg

Fujifilm has a long way to go before approaching Canon. In just about everything, even lenses. But particularly in color science. Sony has similar problems with its colors.

I have almost no use for the Fuji because I am constantly (everyday) taking pictures of clothes, of cloth swatches, of cloth-lining combinations for the tumblr, this forum, and for emailing to customers. The Fuji simply cannot render any blue, or red or green as it actually is. It's always some fucked up color the Fuji reproduces. The lenses are double the price of Canon and less well-performing. Take the Fujifilm 27/2.8 pancake. Poor minimum focus distance, poor image quality at close range, loaded with distortion which Fuji corrects in the camera, antiquated focusing drive system but USD449. The Canon EF-S 24/2.8 is USD149 but better in every single dimension. It's not even close.

Oh, the Fuji pancake also flares like stupid while the roughly equivalent Canon is very flare-proof.

IMG_20160711_004347_zpsn8fljuty.jpg

Some of the best things in life are also the oldest. This here is a sweet of probably ancient lineage, going far , far back in Indian history. It tastes even better than it looks. I wish I know what's it made of other than lots of sugar and ghee. I bought it from the best Indian restaurant I've ever eaten in -- I make the effort to go there when the slightest opportunity presents itself. Everything in this restaurant is very good.

IMG_20170424_130203.jpg?raw=1

This morning, picked up these six loaves of sourdough bread. Had three quarters of a wholewheat loaf just now---it is excellent! The lady who bakes these does it as a side business to her full time corporate job.

IMG_20170424_130320.jpg?raw=1

Chewy crumb with a flavourful crust. I ordered three wholewheat and three rye. She also has spelt, as well as refined wheat.

IMG_20170424_130432.jpg?raw=1

IMG_20170726_133554.jpg?raw=1

Had to kill some time while I waited for the accountant to get back from lunch. Herbal jelly, dong ding tea, and guava. Purple cane restaurant.

I saw a Bangladeshi chewing on betelnut just now, and asked him where he got it. He brought me to a Bangladeshi grocery shop and got out a refrigerated pack of four. RM1.

I chewed on one and it was not good. Like chewing on damp wood. Also, strange taste. I couldn't see why it is popular.

Then, later, I chewed on another one.

Now, 15 minutes later, I feel like I had overdosed on caffeine or some sort of stimulant. Very awake and jumpy. My hands are jittery.