Sign in to follow this  
kotmj

What did you eat just now?

There'a also an awesome asam pedas eatery in the vicinity of Setapak Driving Range. Rice + salad + a bowl of wicked asam pedas = RM5! They cook it Johor style.

Today, I just discovered it was right under my nose....I've passed that road countless times, and have seen the place. In fact, only while having lunch there today did it click in my head, "hey...Asam Pedas....beside a driving range...sounds familiar...". Yup...its good. And cheap.

Today, I just discovered it was right under my nose....I've passed that road countless times, and have seen the place. In fact, only while having lunch there today did it click in my head, "hey...Asam Pedas....beside a driving range...sounds familiar...". Yup...its good. And cheap.

Haha..you could also try their 'cenkodok ikan bilis' couple with their asam pedas..emm heavenly.

Right now i'm craving for 'kacang pool'.. there was a shop somewhere in damasara but have recently closed down.. you guys know where else i can get this?

Haha..you could also try their 'cenkodok ikan bilis' couple with their asam pedas..emm heavenly.

Right now i'm craving for 'kacang pool'.. there was a shop somewhere in damasara but have recently closed down.. you guys know where else i can get this?

The only place that I know which sells 'kacang phool' is in Kajang/Bangi but they're always sold out and it's not exactly that spectacular either. I've had one that was excellent before where my friend bought from an Arab restaurant in Ampang but never got to know which shop is it from.

They used to have it in Uncle don's which was quite good. Not sure whether they still have it tah the new uncle dons. I just saw a shop selling kacang pol, just cant recollect where it was.

You can get kacang fool at Naabs, they have that. Why on earth would you touch the stuff anyway? I had it in Egypt and it was horrible!

I've never heard of kacang pol. haha I thought it was kacang fool the one the egyptians eat daily with their bread. Bland, tasteless and makes you fart the whole day..

I've never heard of kacang pol. haha I thought it was kacang fool the one the egyptians eat daily with their bread. Bland, tasteless and makes you fart the whole day..

I think that's humus. Which is also alright.

Kacang phool uses the same flat, pita bread.

I'M HUNGRY ALREADY, GODDAMMIT.

Sitting here in a Dynasty Dragon for a dim sum, the damned waiter doesn't speak Chinese nor English, I asked that idiot for an empty teapot he said "Tak tahu". Jesus fucking Christ.

Feel you, there. Just the other morning I ordered for "3 biji telur separuh masuk, bukan 3 set". and what do i get? 3 sets of half boiled eggs =_= with 3 sets of roti bakar.. Where the hell did that come from?!

There should be some law against hiring waiters/waitresses that can't speak to customers. I very much like the tipping culture, where we can acknowledge good staff and let bad staff know that they're bad.

Had this a couple of weeks ago, Yong Tau Foo Puchong. Without a doubt to me the best yong tau foo in the world barring the porky ones. Sorry to my muslim brothers alas this not kosher but serves no pork. This place is in the middle of nowhere and its always packed, now there's another shop selling yong tau foo, you could say in this case that imitation is the best form of flattery.

IMG00008-20101105-1225.jpg

I just had their coffee last week. They had a deal buy 1 get 1 free, which i thought was quite a decent deal. Not sure whether its all stores but i bought mine at citta mall.

• Like 1

Had this a couple of weeks ago, Yong Tau Foo Puchong. Without a doubt to me the best yong tau foo in the world barring the porky ones. Sorry to my muslim brothers alas this not kosher but serves no pork. This place is in the middle of nowhere and its always packed, now there's another shop selling yong tau foo, you could say in this case that imitation is the best form of flattery.

IMG00008-20101105-1225.jpg

I might still have their GPS coordinates in my GPS... I'll have a look later. Without GPS it is quite impossible to find.

I'm now at that Artisan Roast Coffee place at TTDI chillin' and banging out some emails. Decent coffee but the crowd quite hipster leh. They seem to have quite a nice spot indoor & outdoor for a small group of 5-6 people to sit around and chit chat.

Puchong Yong Tau Foo

N 02° 59.729'

E101° 37.434'

I went there a few days back to revive my recollection of the food there.

The best YTF I've had is made by a lady in my hometown. She makes the fish paste herself to a very high standard, using only one of the two types of fishes the Chinese traditionally use for fish paste/balls. The commercial YTF have stuffings made of anything that floats in the sea bulked up with starches and infused with preservatives and flavourings. This lady, OTOH, doesn't make YTF if she can't find fresh fish in the market, which necessitates calling ahead. I think she charges RM3 per piece, not bad for a product with no compromises, but my mother says it's a ransom, but she can barely keep up with demand. Without a shopfront or advertising, solely by word of mouth.

She has a large quantity of fish bones and heads and tails as a by-product, which she gives to customers who ask for them. My mother uses the fish bones to make an incredible broth in which to cook the YTF.

I find the YTF in KL shameful. Like a poor, dishonest replica of the real thing.

I'm now at that Artisan Roast Coffee place at TTDI chillin' and banging out some emails. Decent coffee but the crowd quite hipster leh. They seem to have quite a nice spot indoor & outdoor for a small group of 5-6 people to sit around and chit chat.

i believe there's also another similar establishment nearby artisan roast coffee, but with a more varied menu. it's called mukha cafe, located just on the other side of the same row (15, lorong rahim kajai 13).

http://www.mukha.com.my/home/

Puchong Yong Tau Foo

N 02° 59.729'

E101° 37.434'

I went there a few days back to revive my recollection of the food there.

The best YTF I've had is made by a lady in my hometown. She makes the fish paste herself to a very high standard, using only one of the two types of fishes the Chinese traditionally use for fish paste/balls. The commercial YTF have stuffings made of anything that floats in the sea bulked up with starches and infused with preservatives and flavourings. This lady, OTOH, doesn't make YTF if she can't find fresh fish in the market, which necessitates calling ahead. I think she charges RM3 per piece, not bad for a product with no compromises, but my mother says it's a ransom, but she can barely keep up with demand. Without a shopfront or advertising, solely by word of mouth.

She has a large quantity of fish bones and heads and tails as a by-product, which she gives to customers who ask for them. My mother uses the fish bones to make an incredible broth in which to cook the YTF.

I find the YTF in KL shameful. Like a poor, dishonest replica of the real thing.

3 bucks for an out of town YTF is atrocious but if it is as good as you say then worth every penny.