Sign in to follow this  
lamergod

Hairstyling

Anyone tried Clean and Groom? An old American product with similar pedigree and history as Brylcreem (although doesn't share the same export market share). Supposed to give you the shine of Brylcreem minus the grease.

http://thedappersociety.wordpress.com/2012/09/25/suave-groom-clean/

http://www.artofmanliness.com/2011/02/16/your-grandpas-hair-products-5-old-school-hair-grooms-to-give-you-that-cary-grant-shine/

Thanks 6.

I have to try out the Groom and Clean the next time I get a chance to visit the States. Don't seem to see that available in Singapore.

So I got re-permed today. My hair had grown and the old perm was only at the tips. When I got back from the hairdresser, I thought it would be a good idea to take a portrait of myself for use in marketing collateral.

portrait_zpsd4f66736.jpg

A perm is the only way to shape thick Chinese hair. Once I got one, my consumption of hair products has gone to almost zero, because the hair has a permanent shape.

Went to Truefitt and Hill for a cut yesterday (BSC branch). Quite pleased with the service - the barber did not follow my instructions 100% though and deviated from my standard style. Still, I would go back there.

Had some promo going on so 10% off. Normally its $100 for a cut.

You get a complimentary cup of espresso coffee whilst you are there - retail value $10 ish? 

image_zps4z3lfyks.jpeg

Had to have a perm again. I've been using a hairdresser in the village where I live for the past three haircuts by which time her lack of talent became obvious. My hair was beginning to look like those of the villagers who surround me. So I returned to this shop in Bentong that I've been going to even 10 years ago when it had a different proprietor. The guy is the best.

Before the perm. Village haircut.

image_zpstfopd2kg.jpeg

End result. Kpop haircut.

image_zpsjsbqsgxt.jpeg

With a perm like this, I get asked all the time if I'm Japanese/Korean. No, really. Even when I tell them I'm not, they don't seem to believe it.

My hairdresser keeps wanting me to dye my hair -- add some color accents to the tips -- but so far I have little enthusiasm for it.

Made my 2nd visit to Truefitt and Hill BSC location. Very satisfied.

My barber this time was a nice young guy named Hamid.

The pomade they use in the shop is pretty good too. Very light (washes off without a trace without effort), with medium hold, more like a cream. Might buy a can of the stuff.