Posted 14 April 2013 - 11:27 PM

#44 kotmj

kotmj

Megatimer

• Members
  • 7,681 posts
  • LocationBukit Rimau

Posted 18 April 2013 - 05:05 AM

Powerful ad. I love the concluding sentence: "One millimeter; one Audi millimeter."

Watch the making

#45 Pierre Hermé

Pierre Hermé

Megatimer

• Members
  • 511 posts
  • LocationKuala Lumpur/ Paris (once a year during Roland Garros)

Posted 24 April 2013 - 03:51 PM

Psy-Gentlemen Parody video from UK.

The first two lines.
I like to be a Gentleman, and England's where it's at
My tailored coat, my wellingtons and my custom made tweed cap

Bonjour, je m'apelle Pierre Hermé (avec accent aigu é).

#46 Petia

Petia

Megatimer

• Members
  • 754 posts
  • LocationPulau Semakau

Posted 04 May 2013 - 09:06 PM

https://www.facebook...152820850100492

#47 kotmj

kotmj

Megatimer

• Members
  • 7,681 posts
  • LocationBukit Rimau

Posted 06 May 2013 - 01:44 AM

http://m.youtube.com...h?v=Xu3xtnXZy84

#48 boysdontcryy

boysdontcryy

Megatimer

• Kia Picanto fan
  • 1,951 posts

Posted 20 May 2013 - 09:49 PM

#49 Zarium

Zarium

Megatimer

• Members
  • 824 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 01:39 AM

I thought this was rather riveting: http://www.upworthy....-rip?g=7&c=ufb1

#50 kotmj

kotmj

Megatimer

• Members
  • 7,681 posts
  • LocationBukit Rimau

Posted 17 June 2013 - 03:19 AM

I found two amazing videos today. One is a recent message by Christopher Alexander, today 77 years of age. Towards the end of the clip, you get to see his house! Very cottage-like!

The second one: Mario Batali. "There are lots of intuitive shortcuts that are obviously the bad ideas." So few understand this.

#51 ivanswk

ivanswk

Megatimer

• Members
  • 484 posts

Posted 28 June 2013 - 10:58 PM

#52 ivanswk

ivanswk

Megatimer

• Members
  • 484 posts

Posted 28 June 2013 - 11:54 PM

#53 ivanswk

ivanswk

Megatimer

• Members
  • 484 posts

Posted 29 June 2013 - 12:05 AM

#54 ivanswk

ivanswk

Megatimer

• Members
  • 484 posts

Posted 14 July 2013 - 11:15 AM

#55 kotmj

kotmj

Megatimer

• Members
  • 7,681 posts
  • LocationBukit Rimau

Posted 21 July 2013 - 09:52 PM

When I'm in hotel rooms I sometimes switch on the TV. Like just now. I had noticed Tony Fernandez hosting The Apprentice Asia some months ago, but fond the show so ridiculous and painful to watch that I would flip to other channels.

But just now, I watched a major portion of it.

It is really a stupid show. The biggest question on my mind: Why did Tony involve himself in this? How does he benefit?

In reality, CEOs are not like this and corporate environments are not like this. At all.

#56 joonian

joonian

Megatimer

• Alfa once more
  • 2,134 posts
  • Location-

Posted 21 July 2013 - 10:15 PM

I love the apprentice (all the various formats... although of course The Donald does the best rendition). I guess Tony did it because he wanted to stroke his ego? It's the only reason to do something like that. Not that's there's necessarily anything wrong with that. 

What do you think are the differences between the real world and the apprentice world? 

#57 kotmj

kotmj

Megatimer

• Members
  • 7,681 posts
  • LocationBukit Rimau

Posted 21 July 2013 - 10:27 PM

I find it hard to imagine he would need all that circus for his ego. I kept thinking: is it for corporate branding, to convey AirAsia as a desirable employer? But such a show is the opposite of that. It makes Tony and his company come across as mean.

Most companies are, by and large, nurturing and adapts itself to the strengths and weaknesses of individuals. Employees are almost never criticized in the group for lack of greatness in projects. They might if they really screw up, but losing in a competition is not screwing up. Of course I've also been in dysfunctional companies, but even those are quite decent unless you work on the premises as a contractor, or worse, a consultant.

You don't find the show very artificial?

#58 joonian

joonian

Megatimer

• Alfa once more
  • 2,134 posts
  • Location-

Posted 21 July 2013 - 11:03 PM

I'm sure 'brand building' is one of the rationales used to justify participation in the show, but as you point out, it defies logic. That's why I say it's an exercise in ego-stroking. Ego is the main reason people do things, even things as silly as being the boss on a TV show, as Dr Sigmund told us. 

Interesting that you should say it makes Tony and co come off as mean. It's something I've heard from others as well. But by reality TV/Apprentice standards, it's an extremely diluted, toned down and even genteel version of the series. Tony is practically father christmas compared to The Donald and his on-air counterparts elsewhere. 

The main thing I find artificial about the show is the standard of English. In real corporate Asia I'd expect far worse English. And worse skin. 

#59 Zarium

Zarium

Megatimer

• Members
  • 824 posts

Posted 21 July 2013 - 11:30 PM

I think it is incredibly stupid as well, just like the idiots I have as acquaintances on Facebook who constantly rave about it and how interesting it is and how good this or that person on that show is.

I find the whole concept to be so contrived as to be fucking stupid and ridiculous. Like you said, it's nothing like reality -- the whole thing is all just dramatised bullshit, like 90% of reality-TV. All meant to dumb the masses.

As for why, I'll have to concur with ego-stroking. Hi, how would you like to be a star on TV? Some would revel at that idea, I imagine.

#60 Zinzan

Zinzan

Megatimer

• Members
  • 1,478 posts

Posted 22 July 2013 - 12:38 AM

Yeah, tony is not like that in real life. It's all corporate branding, he understand that game very well. He encourages all his CEOs to be out there in the media Azran, Jason lo n etc.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users