kotmj

Luggage

Also, a note about the Wood & Faulk bag -- the straps (where the buckles are) are made of rawhide, not real leather, so it takes the quality of the overall bag down a notch, I feel. Also, it tends to flop over on the side unless it is completely full, which is a minor inconvenience.

Some old pics of my Filson. The first was after I had just taken delivery of it at the Royal Customs near LCCT

P5211371.jpg

filson-1.jpg

bridle-1.jpg

Reporting in from lowyat, been lurking while finally decided on posting, recently have been saving up some money and been thinking of getting a classic leather satchel to carry a couple of simple stuff note books, a water bottle, camera small items etc.

Aspiring to get a Saddleback

http://img844.imageshack.us/img844/5152/saddlebackdarktobaccobr.jpg

at http://www.saddlebac...8&category=1288

Not that big of a player yet so just looking at

http://www.zatchels.com/media/catalog/product/cache/1/image/1060x854/9df78eab33525d08d6e5fb8d27136e95/z/a/zat04_classic_dark_brown_front.jpg

at http://www.zatchels.com/bags/classic-collection/dark-brown-leather-satchel.html

The zatchel one looks a tad feminine to me.

Any comments / recommendations?

Been looking into filson as well but they dont have anything in a small satchel

Currently thinking of getting a duffel bag. It would be used mainly for weekend escapades or short 2-3 days trip; and tocomplement my regular Rimowa Topas 63L. Have been looking around but the Filson Duffel Bag still catches my eye. Saw Kotmj with it during the meet and it looked good.

What size would be sufficient for 2-3 days trip? Medium or large? Which is yours, Kotmj?

Believe it or not, mine is the Small Duffel. My thinking was that if I had a lot to carry, I would prefer a hardcase with rollers. So for me a duffel should be small. If I really had A LOT to carry and they must for some reason be in duffels, then I would much prefer several small duffels over one big duffel. For me the limit is what I can comfortably carry on my shoulder, and so far the small duffel has worked out great.

For me the limit is what I can comfortably carry on my shoulder, and so far the small duffel has worked out great.

Very true. I have big ass duffels which don't get used cause its too uncomfortable lugging them around.

Believe it or not, mine is the Small Duffel. My thinking was that if I had a lot to carry, I would prefer a hardcase with rollers. So for me a duffel should be small. If I really had A LOT to carry and they must for some reason be in duffels, then I would much prefer several small duffels over one big duffel. For me the limit is what I can comfortably carry on my shoulder, and so far the small duffel has worked out great.

Will have to take a closer look at your Filson's if you were to bring during the next meetup. But your comments are true indeed...

Workingpeople have it at 210, with a 10% coupon TY2012 will get you 189 shipped conus. Use a forwarder like vpost or hopshopgo; probably add on another 20-30 dollars.

Workingpeople have it at 210, with a 10% coupon TY2012 will get you 189 shipped conus. Use a forwarder like vpost or hopshopgo; probably add on another 20-30 dollars.

Thanks much. You also own the 256?

I bought my 256 from Crane's but cannot recommend them. The duffel I bought from allthingsoutdoors on ebay, then used a forwarder. Both have been willing to sell at 20% off the list price.

I bought my 256 from Crane's but cannot recommend them. The duffel I bought from allthingsoutdoors on ebay, then used a forwarder. Both have been willing to sell at 20% off the list price.

How much is the list price for Filson 256? USD215?