kotmj

Luggage

P5133595.jpg

At the far end on the chair you see two Chapman bags. They are more civil in construction compared to the Filsons. There is a nice floppiness/suppleness to the canvas and the leather trim is convincing. The 2" cotton webbing strap is comfortable. If the Filsons are like the Hummer, the Chapmans are like Range Rover.

Just got off the phone + Skype video with Myron Glaser. What a way to sell bags. He really discouraged me from the duffel and wants me to buy a Club bag.

The club bags r quite unique. I am taking the 5 inch deal bag. Only problem skyping with him is that u gotta doit after midnight or early in the moning.

So I've told Glaser I want a 17"X10"X8" Club bag. This is 2" lower in profile than their usual height. I find the 12" tall club bags too tall and wall-like. One of the charms of a classic duffel like the LV Keepall is its proportions and the arched profile like the windows of cathedrals. I'm hoping with these dimensions my club bag will look like a duffel instead of an bloated briefcase.

Their usual lining is a mid grey, but I find this lining too dark and I can't see the contents of the bag. So I'm going for the only other option, a yellow, like this

17-city-tote-hc-black-w_-natural-yellow-lining-top-down-open.jpg

I would have preferred a light minty green.

There will be additonal pockets on the inside.

I really wanted the natural blonde colour but Myron said it is not available without hand graining and that there is a good reason for this that he is happy to discuss via skype. It is a USD 575 premium. Anyway I feel like skyping with him to learn how I'm supposed to maintain the bag. How to remove scuffs, etc.

575 amerikan dollah? yau mou kauuu choorrr.. i think it's good that u requested for a lower bag. the tall club bag may look like a tote which is more appropriate for the ladies imho.

Since we are on bags, i am also looking for a baby bag that doesn't look too girlish...-.-

^Beautiful bag kotmj. A worthy investment.

I saw this last night. If only the price tag was in RM and not British Pounds. Heck, I'd settle for the price tag to be in Canadian dollars:

180893_mrp_ou_l.jpg

180893_mrp_e1_l.jpg

180893_mrp_bk_l.jpg

Very pricey bro. Top up abit more n u can get the swaine adeneys.

Its definitely way overpriced (and way over my budget). But the swagger you will attain from rocking a french-canadian designer brand can't be underestimated. :)

SAB makes great bags, but their styles don't suit the context of my life, and their designs aren't functional enough for my purposes. Filsons would probably suit me better than anything SAB offers to be honest.

SAB does look like from another age. Glaser is more contemporary.

But for something more inexpensive, how about the Brady Monmouth? It's about RM1K.

monmouth.jpg

I just discovered an incredible weekender. It's made by Barnsby, a saddle maker, but it's not listed on their website.

http://fuseishoyo-roku.cocolog-nifty.com/blog/2009/02/barnsby-weekend.html

^ That Barnsby weekender is one attractive looking bag. Looks more like a laptop/document briefcase rather than a weekender (which I associate more with duffle bags).

Glaser has some great portfolios. That tan leather would age well I imagine. Wonder if they will swap the stock handles on the portfolios with the ones that are in kotmj's photo. Not a fan of the handles on these:

B16124HBCDayBagI.jpg