"6"

The Denim (contrast) Thread

I want to make long sleeve buttondown polo shirts out of Supima pique next (under Sava). I wonder how many years that will take. It seems to take me years to introduce a new product.

On 1/13/2020 at 1:54 PM, kotmj said:

stacks-image-75af47e-301@2x.jpg?raw=1

I have 12 yards of this on order. Its a 7 oz. chambray by Kurabo. 46" width selvedge. This is a real work wear chambray by a major Japanese denim weaver. Not a gentrified chambray by some Italian mill that turns out to contain polyester. Should make for a delicious shirt. 

I have also stopped posting jeans pictures on JT's Instagram. Instead, I post them to savajeans. 

That would make for some yummy chambray workwear shirts!

Yesterday, Employee #1 asked me if I wanted to do anything special to the coin pocket of the jeans she was sewing.

I have always found the coin pocket to be uncomfortably small. Not just that, reaching into it was unergonomic. 

So I told her two things. Make it much wider, but not deeper. And, angle it. All our regular trousers have angled front pockets. They're easier for the hands to access than vertical pocket openings. When you angle the pocket openings on garments, you find that people love stuffing their hands into it. Bomber jackets and bloussons have angled pockets. 

But why does the coin pocket on jeans have a horizontal opening? Next jeans, I'll show you the angled coin pocket. 

Car key, the keyless kind. I find most of them house it just fine.
Still, not all coin pockets are made the same!

Come to think of it, it has never dawn on me to use it for coins tho. Seems rather hard to get tiny things out of it.

Hmm... perhaps I did try, and then forgo the idea.