"6"

The Denim (contrast) Thread

Went last Sat.

only TWO pairs of jeans is 50% and SOME 30%.

Price wise i find their premium is double what the list price is overseas.

They do have friendly staff.

My first time touching heavy weight denim ie. over 18/20oz. 

How on earth can people wear those i have no idea. Seriously....

You should handle 25oz. It looks and feels bulletproof - like bending your joints and being physically restrained from doing so.

I'm thinking maybe I should have a separate label (i.e. name) for the denim category. JT just doesn't have the right vibe for workwear. Leaning towards something whimsical. Ordering some selvedge denim this weekend; trying to see if I have something to say in the densely populated denim category. There are already so many jeans labels out there. Can't believe I'm minting another one and joining them. Jajaja.

Really anxious to receive the three selvedge denims I just ordered from the US. A 10.5oz, 12.5oz and 14oz. About 8 jeans worth of cloth. Shipping by Fedex is a killer. I wonder if I have to pay customs.

img_376.jpg?raw=1

"Broken weave" denim from the Italian denim mill Candiani. Supposedly a great mill. Only 9oz, so very easy to wear.

https://www.denimhunters.com/2015/10/how-candiani-denim-became-the-apple-of-denim-mills/

BTW I discovered today after looking at some jeans patterns why the crotch of a jeans -- in the exact area where the penis is -- bulges out. Dress pants don't do that, only jeans.

I would think there is......so far the only one i know which is more like MTM is Cheese denim.

99.9% out there is RTW. 

Denim shirts i would guess its more like any other shirt if using lighter weight denim.

A heavier weight jacket sounds yummy. 10-12oz. 

In SG there is Kevin Seah? But havent seen any fit pics or customer pics. 

Is there a market for bespoke denim jackets/vests/shirts? Seems to me that the jeans market is pretty saturated with enough choices, no?

Huh? You've got to be kidding. I can go into any mall in Malaysia and cannot get custom jeans. I can go to very busy and dense commercial squares and also not find a single custom jeans maker.

There are entire towns without the possibility of having custom jeans.

From where I stand, I see lots of ways custom jeans can be different from RTW.

a) When the customer doesn't want the jeans cut. He may have a very successful dress pants pattern with his tailor and wishes his jeans to also fit this way but to be made of denim and be sewn like jeans (yellow threads, Western pockets, copper rivets, etc.). The jeans cut is very different from dress pants cut.

b )He would like to have the same jeans fit in several kinds of denim cloth picked from a vast array of such cloths, including denim woven from long staple Egyptian cotton (the sort used to make high quality shirtings). Most denim are woven from the same cotton used to make Tshirts.

c) He fits poorly in RTW jeans.

d) He wants customisability of features -- green top stitching perhaps, aluminium instead of copper rivets, or bar tacks instead of rivets, extra soft pocket bags, etc.

e) He doesn't like buying stuff from malls because he has to deal with clueless sales assistants. The sales assistants are not just clueless professionally but also clueless personally -- they haven't found their passion in life and are just floating along from job to job. He likes to buy from people who really understand the product -- the maker -- because the experience is as edifying as the product.