Sign in to follow this  
kotmj

Interiors

I have yet to display mine, and I'm still thinking about how to do it. I was thinking either on the wall, or all the carpet like this.

But because of the cost, I'm not sure that's ideal. The other option is to put it in a specially constructed glass/plexiglass case and place it on the floor. But that'd take up a lot of space. It's 2 m by 1.5 m which is quite huge.

ANy idea? Wall? Or floor?

ScreenShot2013-03-19at072937_zpsadbb720e.png

4045260093_488004178f_b_zpsb335548a.jpg

LY002051_zps5e350c92.jpg

2953271988_f877d7b870_zps77e88a8a.jpg

Screen-shot-2011-01-08-at-1129_zpsea121d85.jpg

I say go for the floor option.Pair it with a nice rug, dark wood furniture all around, a bookshelf with leather bound books and also a fireplace.At least that would be my dream setting

I say go for the floor option.Pair it with a nice rug, dark wood furniture all around, a bookshelf with leather bound books and also a fireplace.At least that would be my dream setting

I like that. And then wince when somebody comes in and tramples over it with their shoes.

I was neutral about the animal rugs, now you post the pictures of the rugs and the ladies, I am a fan. When I was young, my neighbour showed me his father photos, hunting somewhere in Kenya, I felt like wow when I grow up I want to be there just to view the scenery. Nowadays everywhere is a reserve and not much people still do big game hunting anymore.

( don't get me wrong, just asking because the fur look like a dust trap which is an allergen for some )

Given the circumstances I do most of the chores, having any rug is not an appealing idea. Wait till you have kids, they will throw up, piss, spill milk etc all over the beast. How about enclosed in a glass casing? Much easier on the maintenance.

I was neutral about the animal rugs, now you post the pictures of the rugs and the ladies, I am a fan.

You only want the ladies, preferably one that let's you decorate the whole house by yourself.

Bonjour, je m'apelle Pierre Hermé (avec accent aigu é).

TS: LOL.

I have a Rolls model ...

If money were no object, I'd like a Rolls and an Aston Martin. The latter to drive when I'm young, the former, when I'm to old to drive.

I think the older Rolls Royce looks way more elegant -- others might think otherwise.

Yesterday:

Seen this about in London. Absolutely breathtaking in real life.

rolls_royce__ii_1960_1_lgw_zps6ea76b5e.jpg

Bentley Spectre -- BentleySpectreV_zps7f0eb23e.jpg

An even older model -- VintageCarsCelebrateRollsRoyceMotorCars2-8o-Qsn4a1l_zps4ae5e9b1.jpg

Today:

Rolls-Royce-Ghost-images_zps0eb0971e.jpg

Rolls-Royce-Phantom_Drophead_Coupe_2008_800x600_wallpaper_01_zps5787f29f.jpg

The 2013 Wraith:

Advertising video here:

Rolls-Royce-Wraith-9_zpsd7e4f7ab.jpg

• Like 1

The Wraith is another marketing abomination, like the Bentley Continental. It's an admirable attempt to increase unit volumes, Porsche style, but these are really cars designed by marketing teams. Purity of purpose should count as much in a car as in a garment.

Back to the topic. I found an inspiring photo. A bright and modern way of classical interior.

tim-kemp-london-townhome-11_rect540.jpg

Front:

Back:

photo26_zps8680b762.jpg

They even put the dome in the swimming pool. This is what the classical music enthusiasts call Variation on a Theme.

• Like 1

Bonjour, je m'apelle Pierre Hermé (avec accent aigu é).

I was once up in Cameron Highlands because I felt like I needed to get away from it all. I was looking for a room to stay in for the night, and stumbled into Cameron Highlands Resort (no reservation, fully booked). I was shocked by how classy the lounge was. It's "colonial" in a very loose sense. It's bright and cheerful, not dark and brooding.

cameron-highlands-resort-4.jpg

header_intro.jpg

DSC07667Large.jpg

OTHERS_43441_4.jpg

• Like 1

It is very nice, love the the reception and lobby, you can sit there all day and chill out. The room is magnificent too 4 poster bed and etc. You should try the tea, typical English teas and scones. I would highly recommend the hotel, although on the high side but all ytl resorts are on the high side.