208 replies to this topic

#41 Petia

Petia

Megatimer

• Members
  • 754 posts
  • LocationPulau Semakau

Posted 17 March 2013 - 10:46 PM

This is my apartment's design to drawn to scale using Google Sketchup, not pretty but it works and its free. You can see the design have evolved to version 11 due to new ideas subject to wife approval.

Posted Image

Chandeliers and other big lighting hung from the ceiling will only make the small space look even smaller. Small tracked lights, alcove lighting and ceiling lamps are more popular in apartments. How to "paint" rooms with light is another topic worth discussing.

For the really traditional warm look, ie nothing beat the environmentally unfriendly power guzzling incandescent lamps. Florescent tubes are able to produce warmer colors tones too but still the simple old light bulb looks better with the more classical lamps.

#42 Petia

Petia

Megatimer

• Members
  • 754 posts
  • LocationPulau Semakau

Posted 17 March 2013 - 10:54 PM

Not sure if you like classical Asian furniture. Chinese, Korean, Japanese, Indian, South East Asian furnishings all are charming in their own right.

Currently I am sleeping on futons as my wife threw out the old bed. I don't wish to buy a new bed and mattress and worry about moving them into the new place a year later. At first I didn't get used to it but after a while, I realised why the Japanese and Koreans like to sleep on the floor rather on beds. My back and neck problem just went away and I don't feel sore after sitting the entire day at the office anymore.

#43 Pierre Hermé

Pierre Hermé

Megatimer

• Members
  • 511 posts
  • LocationKuala Lumpur/ Paris (once a year during Roland Garros)

Posted 18 March 2013 - 04:32 AM

This is my apartment's design to drawn to scale using Google Sketchup, not pretty but it works and its free. You can see the design have evolved to version 11 due to new ideas subject to wife approval.

Posted Image

Chandeliers and other big lighting hung from the ceiling will only make the small space look even smaller. Small tracked lights, alcove lighting and ceiling lamps are more popular in apartments. How to "paint" rooms with light is another topic worth discussing.

For the really traditional warm look, ie nothing beat the environmentally unfriendly power guzzling incandescent lamps. Florescent tubes are able to produce warmer colors tones too but still the simple old light bulb looks better with the more classical lamps.

Ermm, it reminds me of those point-and-click escape from a room computer game.
Bonjour, je m'apelle Pierre Hermé (avec accent aigu é).

#44 Pierre Hermé

Pierre Hermé

Megatimer

• Members
  • 511 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 04:36 AM

Had a huge shelf made up as well, but sadly, it no longer fits into the aesthetics of the new home.

Posted Image

I want.

#45 Zarium

Zarium

Megatimer

• Members
  • 824 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 09:03 AM

Ermm, it reminds me of those point-and-click escape from a room computer game.

You must be talking about these:

http://escaperoom.net/play-18-VIRIDIAN-ROOM.html

http://www.games2rule.com/play/white-room-escape/4593

#46 Zinzan

Zinzan

Megatimer

• Members
  • 1,478 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 02:33 PM

Pet, kind of looks like my house but a bit more rectangular. I need to look for a bigger appartment but the prices nowadays are ridiculous.

#47 boysdontcryy

boysdontcryy

Megatimer

• Kia Picanto fan
  • 1,951 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 05:19 PM

Zinzan, which side of the Causeway are you located at?

Received this in the mail today:

William & Mary (1690) Chest on Stand. Very rare and costly English Burr Walnut, the epitome of 17th Century style. Later versions would have been made of the more abundant and less costly Mahogany.

Needless to say, I didn't even bother to reply.

http://r20.rs6.net/t...GUWe4-ALy56lzhA=

#48 boysdontcryy

boysdontcryy

Megatimer

• Kia Picanto fan
  • 1,951 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 11:41 PM

Check this out, folks.

Posted Image

#49 Petia

Petia

Megatimer

• Members
  • 754 posts
  • LocationPulau Semakau

Posted 19 March 2013 - 09:42 AM

Your dead animal friend looks high maintenance. Do you have to like groom it or something.

#50 boysdontcryy

boysdontcryy

Megatimer

• Kia Picanto fan
  • 1,951 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 03:16 PM

Tell me honestly -- you don't like such stuff, right?

#51 terrorsquad

terrorsquad

Megatimer

• Yang Berbahagia
  • 1,581 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 03:19 PM

I personally think its awesome

#52 boysdontcryy

boysdontcryy

Megatimer

• Kia Picanto fan
  • 1,951 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 03:34 PM

I have yet to display mine, and I'm still thinking about how to do it. I was thinking either on the wall, or all the carpet like this.

But because of the cost, I'm not sure that's ideal. The other option is to put it in a specially constructed glass/plexiglass case and place it on the floor. But that'd take up a lot of space. It's 2 m by 1.5 m which is quite huge.

ANy idea? Wall? Or floor?

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#53 terrorsquad

terrorsquad

Megatimer

• Yang Berbahagia
  • 1,581 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 03:39 PM

I say go for the floor option.Pair it with a nice rug, dark wood furniture all around, a bookshelf with leather bound books and also a fireplace.At least that would be my dream setting

#54 boysdontcryy

boysdontcryy

Megatimer

• Kia Picanto fan
  • 1,951 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 03:42 PM

Posted Image

#55 boysdontcryy

boysdontcryy

Megatimer

• Kia Picanto fan
  • 1,951 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 03:43 PM

I say go for the floor option.Pair it with a nice rug, dark wood furniture all around, a bookshelf with leather bound books and also a fireplace.At least that would be my dream setting

I like that. And then wince when somebody comes in and tramples over it with their shoes.

#56 terrorsquad

terrorsquad

Megatimer

• Yang Berbahagia
  • 1,581 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 03:46 PM

Leave a sword/club nearby so that when they step on it, you can whack them with it

#57 boysdontcryy

boysdontcryy

Megatimer

• Kia Picanto fan
  • 1,951 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 03:46 PM

Posted Image

Posted Image

#58 Petia

Petia

Megatimer

• Members
  • 754 posts
  • LocationPulau Semakau

Posted 19 March 2013 - 04:02 PM

I was neutral about the animal rugs, now you post the pictures of the rugs and the ladies, I am a fan. When I was young, my neighbour showed me his father photos, hunting somewhere in Kenya, I felt like wow when I grow up I want to be there just to view the scenery. Nowadays everywhere is a reserve and not much people still do big game hunting anymore.

( don't get me wrong, just asking because the fur look like a dust trap which is an allergen for some )

Given the circumstances I do most of the chores, having any rug is not an appealing idea. Wait till you have kids, they will throw up, piss, spill milk etc all over the beast. How about enclosed in a glass casing? Much easier on the maintenance.

#59 boysdontcryy

boysdontcryy

Megatimer

• Kia Picanto fan
  • 1,951 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 04:08 PM

( don't get me wrong, just asking because the fur look like a dust trap which is an allergen for some )

It probably is.

#60 Pierre Hermé

Pierre Hermé

Megatimer

• Members
  • 511 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 12:41 AM

Posted Image

Enchante. Please to meet you Mademoiselle BDC.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users