#221 niakulah

niakulah

Nanotimer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 29 posts

Posted 17 March 2017 - 09:22 AM

Hmm. Ok.

When I was doing my research before buying my current iron, I came across stuff like the Laurastar Pulse, boards with fans to extract steam and stuff like that. But the consumer stuff seemed way too expensive to be worth it.

I stumbled upon this Singer and it seemed like a cheaper alternative. I have no problem with hanging it up in my laundry room.

If I accept the drawbacks, would it be able to iron and press my stuff better than consumer irons?

#222 NoName

NoName

Bigtimer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 144 posts

Posted 26 March 2017 - 10:33 AM

Huh? No.

It's used by professional tailors. It's heavy, you can get 3rd degree burns from the vociferous steam, you need to hang the water reservoir from the ceiling, it takes 10 minutes to heat up and an hour to cool down. For home use, buy the stuff sold in supermarkets.

If you must buy something like this, get the Silverstar brand, the choice of all tailors in KL.

I have the Silverstar. It cuts down ironing time significantly compared to the household irons thanks to the steam and weight. But u have to get used to the water hose from the water tank to the iron, a nuisance since movement becomes limited. 

#223 niakulah

niakulah

Nanotimer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 29 posts

Posted 09 April 2017 - 08:44 PM

I have the Silverstar. It cuts down ironing time significantly compared to the household irons thanks to the steam and weight. But u have to get used to the water hose from the water tank to the iron, a nuisance since movement becomes limited. 

Do you feel that there is anything that it cannot do that a normal household iron can?

#224 NoName

NoName

Bigtimer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 144 posts

Posted 10 April 2017 - 07:08 AM

be stored away, conveniently.

#225 niakulah

niakulah

Nanotimer

• Members