Posted 18 November 2011 - 03:27 PM

Posted Image

#2 terrorsquad

terrorsquad

Megatimer

• Yang Berbahagia
  • 1,581 posts

Posted 18 November 2011 - 03:44 PM

i have those and trust me, they are not that comfortable...tods in europe is so cheap, for the price of a pair here, you can get 3 there at the Bicester village outlet...the Car Shoe brand is also good...

#3 cocopops

cocopops

Smalltimer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 60 posts

Posted 18 November 2011 - 04:13 PM

anyone into tassled loafers? i've been diggin them more and more lately and am thinking of getting a pair even though some are of the opinion that they are more suitable for the middle aged man which i am nowhere near yet! what say you?

#4 dynamite

dynamite

Smalltimer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 73 posts

Posted 18 November 2011 - 06:02 PM

Tassels ... ewww

#5 Human Nature

Human Nature

Nanotimer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts

Posted 18 November 2011 - 07:45 PM

lol how ni

Tassels ... ewww

haha this reminds me on the banters in lowyat..tassel shoes are supposed to be the tradtional footwear for business/bankers..

#6 joonian

joonian

Megatimer

• Alfa once more
  • 2,134 posts
  • Location-

Posted 18 November 2011 - 10:47 PM

Tassels are great. Check out the joints by ROTM Shop www.runofthemillshop.com/

#7 cocopops

cocopops

Smalltimer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 60 posts

Posted 19 November 2011 - 12:54 AM

Those suede ones from ROTM are sweet. I have my eye on the Carmina rusti calf ones which the Armoury carries. Luckily they currently dont have my size.

#8 terrorsquad

terrorsquad

Megatimer

• Yang Berbahagia
  • 1,581 posts

Posted 19 November 2011 - 01:02 AM

Tassled loafer wearers, if worn with the right outfit exudes class...a tan pair paired together with a french blue suit will look very nice...

#9 carbman

carbman

Megatimer

• Members
  • 347 posts
  • LocationPJ

Posted 19 November 2011 - 11:57 AM

Correct me if I'm wrong, but those dimpled soles are meant mainly, but not exclusively, for driving, yes? I imagine they're not resoleable. I also imagine they would be awesome to heel-and-toe in.

#10 joonian

joonian

Megatimer

• Alfa once more
  • 2,134 posts
  • Location-

Posted 19 November 2011 - 06:21 PM

Correct me if I'm wrong, but those dimpled soles are meant mainly, but not exclusively, for driving, yes? I imagine they're not resoleable. I also imagine they would be awesome to heel-and-toe in.

Yes, the soles are only for 'one-time' use. Also they get really dirty and grimy if worn outside.

Speaking of heeling and toeing, there's a video of Senna testing the NSX at Suzuka and he's wearing... tasseled loafers and white socks!

#11 carbman

carbman

Megatimer

• Members
  • 347 posts
  • LocationPJ

Posted 20 November 2011 - 09:50 AM

Speaking of heeling and toeing, there's a video of Senna testing the NSX at Suzuka and he's wearing... tasseled loafers and white socks!

I'm always amazed at these pro drivers.....everytime I try heel-an-toeing or left-foot-braking, I end up grinding to a halt. Or causing my passengers to hurl.

Anyway, I recall Kotmj mentioning alternatives to TODs that don't cost as much. Any hints?

#12 terrorsquad

terrorsquad

Megatimer

• Yang Berbahagia
  • 1,581 posts

Posted 20 November 2011 - 09:55 AM

For driving shoes or casual shoes in general?I believe there are some suede cheaneys in PLAL that are quite nice to be used for casual wear.Tods loafers need some time to be broken into,before that they will cause you severe blister.My light brown ones have been severely abused for the past 1.5 years.They are now quite comfortable but the process it took for them to reach the current state was torture.

I bought mine for £110 pounds which was a bargain.saw the same exact pair in KLCC for RM1900.

#13 joonian

joonian

Megatimer

• Alfa once more
  • 2,134 posts
  • Location-

Posted 20 November 2011 - 11:57 PM

I have a pair of suede Allen Edmonds "Parker" with crepe sole that I picked up cheap on B&S. The suede uppers are much softer and more pliable than calfskin. I had a pair of calfskin Church's penny loafers before that were quite rigid and difficult to break in. The AE's combination of suede and crepe sole make the super soft and comfortable. The crepe sole seems to have delaminated, though, so I will probably get them resoled. I have to check if the guy at Bangsar Shopping Centre does crepe soles. I know Masterfix in Singapore definitely does, although their crepe is a rather unsightly solid black colour.

#14 Zinzan

Zinzan

Megatimer

• Members
  • 1,478 posts

Posted 24 November 2011 - 09:41 PM

I have to agree TS, Tods are not as comfortable as they look. Made a mistake bringing a shoe that i haven't broken in to US for business trip. My feet was a hurting like a bitch. After the 4th day couldn't take went to a Tods bought their loafers, it didnt help at all just made it worse. Had blisters all over.

#15 terrorsquad

terrorsquad

Megatimer

• Yang Berbahagia
  • 1,581 posts

Posted 24 November 2011 - 10:03 PM

In my personal opinion, Car Shoe is the most comfortable I have ever tried on.Love the quality and design also.But they are definitely overpriced in Malaysia.

#16 kotmj

kotmj

Megatimer

• Members
  • 7,677 posts
  • LocationBukit Rimau

Posted 08 December 2011 - 11:29 PM

I'm always amazed at these pro drivers.....everytime I try heel-an-toeing or left-foot-braking, I end up grinding to a halt. Or causing my passengers to hurl.

Anyway, I recall Kotmj mentioning alternatives to TODs that don't cost as much. Any hints?

Posted Image

http://www.herringsh...&colour_id=2062#

#17 joonian

joonian

Megatimer

• Alfa once more
  • 2,134 posts
  • Location-

Posted 14 December 2011 - 12:20 AM

Just a quick interest check (and mod... let me know if this contravenes house rules):

I've got a pair of Church's "Dover" suede bucks in 'stone' that I'm thinking of selling. Custom grade. Rubber heels, three eyelet. Condition is moderate wear, well maintained, uppers have the usual suedey scuffs, but nothing too serious. Size is UK8.

Will sell it for something like SGD140 (RM340). I don't wear it enough and I want to get one of those McNairy joints with the red brick sole.

I will take pics next week if interested.

I can't find any pics of this model online for some reason.

#18 shanecross

shanecross

Megatimer

• Members
  • 303 posts

Posted 03 January 2012 - 06:36 PM

Hey guys, currently contemplating on getting a pair of decent casual shoes. I was thinking any one of these ; penny loafers, the good ol' classic brogues, or a pair of chukka boots. I personally like the idea of the penny loafers like the ones by ed et al., but the brogues and chukka boots are pretty tempting too. Still cannot decide. Should I source something out from Plal, which would obviously mean Loakes, or the more expensive C&Js ?

#19 kotmj

kotmj

Megatimer

• Members
  • 7,677 posts
  • LocationBukit Rimau

Posted 03 January 2012 - 09:41 PM

I haven't been to Plal in ages, but I think they have the Cheaney's as well.

#20 andrew

andrew

Bigtimer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 122 posts

Posted 03 January 2012 - 11:13 PM

Go for the pennies!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users