kotmj

Casual shoes

Who can tell what those are?

I've been wearing my espadrilles lately and the remarkable thing about them is my feet remain dry. With sneakers, my feet would be drenched. Especially with weather like the past few days.

JPs but not the normal kind..

Not aware that these were abnormal Jacks. Made from dyed cotton canvas. As soft now as the day I bought them.

^Terror, might I suggest leathersoul hawaii?

I'm planning to get some Alden longwings. Any places that offers good value and excellent customer service?

I bought mine from Tassels. Great customer service, but at a price :)!

Good to hear they're comfortable. Probably my next pair after my supergas go out of service (or whenever,lol).

tumblr_m55i59GyBp1qiahg6o1_500.jpg

Alden LW/SW always sold out on Leathersoul. You have to be el pistolero.

Good to hear they're comfortable. Probably my next pair after my supergas go out of service (or whenever,lol).

tumblr_m55i59GyBp1qiahg6o1_500.jpg

Alden LW/SW always sold out on Leathersoul. You have to be el pistolero.

^Just realised that this shot was taken at quite an interesting place.

Mate, my next summer plimsols will be some all whites from Pallas Jazz Star. I went through secondary school wearing these thinking they were the nuts. Although they would probably be out of my price range at the time with a RM2.50/hour income.

pallas+jazz-white.jpeg.jpg

gotta watch out for those tropical thunderstorms.

how are they comfort wise, have you always favoured espadrilles?

I've been wearing my espadrilles lately and the remarkable thing about them is my feet remain dry. With sneakers, my feet would be drenched. Especially with weather like the past few days.

Was wearing my espadrilles when it rained outside. Walked on wet pavement for 10 minutes and the entire sole was drenched!

Bonsoir, Monsieur kotmj, je suis très perplexe.

So are these the same pair? The waterproofing property is lost with time?

Bonjour, je m'apelle Pierre Hermé (avec accent aigu é).

God in his magnanimity caused espadrilles to be invented for the benefit of tropics dwellers. My feet do not sweat in them. Its bizarre to have dry feet when the rest of me is sweating.

God in his magnanimity caused espadrilles to be invented for the benefit of tropics dwellers. My feet do not sweat in them. Its bizarre to have dry feet when the rest of me is sweating.

You probably suffer from primary hyperhidrosis. Although it usually affects palms (which I have) and/or axilla/armpit (which I don't).

Bonjour, je m'apelle Pierre Hermé (avec accent aigu é).

Pierre, espadrilles like mine have a sole made of coiled raffia rope. It is not waterproof. When I say it keeps my feet dry, I mean my feet somehow do not sweat when wearing them.

DC9720B1-0B7D-4612-B661-0247EE442AE8-8884-00000C9D51D92ABA_zps0004d07b.jpg

Altama Jungle Boots with panama sole. Found my old boots in the storeroom and gave them a good polish. They have seen the jungles of Taman Negara and are still in good condition. Better than all the outdoor brands IMO, this Vietnam War era design is very suitable for the tropical region.

^

shame to say,living at kampung ,i worn my grandma's slipper as casual shoe...

Pics or it didn't happen.

This whole concept of Sprez started a long time ago -

This pair of shoes directly below is from Ann Demeulemeester. They sold for 600 USD.

0005.jpg

Being a boy of limited means, I decided to buy this (which I still wear once a while albeit a different pair) and dirtied it from the get-go to create a similar effect. This was just the first stage.

shoes.jpg