kotmj

Casual shoes

Adidas x Soloist capsule collection. MMmmmm...grey suede...

takahiromiyashita-thesoloist-adidas-originals-2012-fall-winter-capsule-collection-1-620x413.jpeg

Gimme the vintage Rod Laver model please..

TheSoloist-x-Adidas-Originals-2.jpg

30407B5F-7BC8-4228-91AE-D108042632F3-673-0000018C039CD851_zpsbfff36e5.jpg

I been wearing this pair of loafers day in day out for the past decade. Abused and never took care of (I was ignorant please forgive me). Can see water stains and black mold marks all over. Only recently I gave it some neutral kiwi to stop the cracks at the sides. Today I tried using neutral cream instead for a more natural looking patina.

CE719261-EA39-4921-9FE6-EF9FC0FBDCF7-755

My fourth pair from the same Korean seller. Hand made boat shoes. Leather upper with fabric lining supposely to keep the feet dry and less stinky.

Probably not the footwear of choice for some of the kerbaus here but these cole haan lunargrands are fantastically comfy. They are "hybrids" with loafer/wingtip/longwing top shells with nike lunarlon soles. A collab from when cole haan was under nike ownership. They are still producing and releasing new models but from what I've heard not for long as nike sold cole haan few months ago. I'll be looking to buy another few pairs. They come in funky colours probably not to the tastes of many grown men but god they are comfy and light as if walking on air. These are mine.

b602659f-16a6-4f92-9e10-115fb72cbc26_zps

3154bf93-27f8-4ac8-92d2-1883f1e7cfa3_zps

P1070783_zps9be0683d.jpg

If the priority was comfort, I would have just worn casual shoes e.g. Tigers. It's just strange to pair rubber soles with dress uppers. Just sayin...

If the priority was comfort, I would have just worn casual shoes e.g. Tigers. It's just strange to pair rubber soles with dress uppers. Just sayin...

i understand...they are more towards "trendy" shoes...they are very casual and definitely more comfy than tigers or JPs

I bought one but more traditional penny loafers. Didn't last long, one of those doesn't get better with age. And it's not that comfy to be honest

I bought one but more traditional penny loafers. Didn't last long, one of those doesn't get better with age. And it's not that comfy to be honest

the suede wingtips are better...i had some problems with the loafers as my feet instep do not fit easily into laceless shoes...i wouldn't buy them at retail though...never have

chuakz what about just normal suede bucks? for me, they're the best balance between 'traditional', 'dressy' and 'casual', if that makes any sense. and they come in a bunch of different colours. on the slightly more casual end of the spectrum, desert boots are ultra-comfy yet part of the 'canon' too. 

chuakz what about just normal suede bucks? for me, they're the best balance between 'traditional', 'dressy' and 'casual', if that makes any sense. and they come in a bunch of different colours. on the slightly more casual end of the spectrum, desert boots are ultra-comfy yet part of the 'canon' too. 

yes as i've mentioned they're more of a trendy shoe than what the regular kerbau gentleman would approve of. the upside is that they are extremely light like walking on air. I know it's no comparison but when I purchased my first pair of leather soled Loakes last Tuesday I was testing them walking around and when I changed back to my cole haans, felt like I was walking with slippers on. Anyway, I agree with the desert boots, I used to have a pair but crepe soles that come with traditional desert boots just do not last in Malaysian weather, they melt and act like a sponge for dirt. There is a chukka version of the lunargrands also.

Not at all, suede chukkas are desert boots and Mr Clarks first saw them in Burma worn by officers who MTO them from Egyptian shoemakers. I am more worried about the rain thus spam them with protector spray.

• Like 1

^ Pet that is a great shade of green! Great pairing of the tan colour on the lining and sole of the shoe to the lettering on your socks. 

My recent purchase I felt it was such an interesting design that I had to pick them up (kop, if you will).

A mix between a Vans type canvas duck shoe...

photo_zpse70b3463.jpg

And a saddle shoe.

photo_zps5422e0cb.jpg

Add disco lining for extra 'stai' points.

photo_zps0f5d1083.jpg

I was actually looking at this photo this morning, which probably sowed the seed in my mind (source: ralphlipschitz.tumblr.com). Coincidence or inception, I wonder. 

tumblr_mywpj2k4cP1r4lpnbo1_1280.jpg

Total damage = RM99.90. 

The color is loden green. Trad prep color now almost extinct.

I just came home from work and tried on the new pair of shoes. Going to pair them with the new khakis I bought for CNY.

The saddle sneakers sure looked very comfortable.