kotmj

Casual shoes

^ I wear havaianas myself, and riviera slip-ons most of the time in summer.  

Love rivieras for their leather sole and mesh uppers which lets the breeze in!

Im thinking of going with Teva leather flip flops. I usually use rip curl flip fops and crocs flip flops, my crocs broke thats whys looking a quality and lasting flip flops. Not into brikenstoks way too expensive. 

Shanecross, I think there is a red wing store in malaysia. You might want to check their website. 

Joonian, the chelsea boots is a good idea too. Do you think it will work with casual wear like jeans and t shirt? Anyway, do you mean gladiator slippers? Try asos?

Can we get them in Malaysia ?

Sole what in 1utama has red wings. Im sure they aren't the only retailer that carries it.

Hello guys. Let me present my argument for the most appropriate casual shoe to use in the tropics. Basket weave or woven leather loafers. On the outside, the woven leather lets air circulate in. On the inside, there is perforated lining to let the air circulate inward. I remember entering one of those super cold airconditioned complexes after being outside and my feet felt the cool air too. better than unlined loafers as these have better ventilation. Totally sockless to get full effect. Let those ankles breathe.... 

11116708_835976056478713_398531190_n.jpg

Italian Moccasin loafers - Monte Mario

11008211_787285874689755_936846160_n.jpg

Fratelli Rossetti in penny loafer style - blake stitched

The first one looks like cottage industry shoes from Bangkok. The second one looks really classy; almost a chainmail effect to the weave. Woven leather shoes are something I've never tried, and probably should.

The first one looks like cottage industry shoes from Bangkok. The second one looks really classy; almost a chainmail effect to the weave. Woven leather shoes are something I've never tried, and probably should.

Yup. They are normal shaped moc loafers that you find almost everywhere. Mocassin construction. Leather sole. But really comfy. Let me show you the insides.

10979550_1399806150324548_1033684092_n.j

Oh...Another reason why the Rossettis are nicer. List prices are almost triple of the basket weave moc loafers. This explains alot.