kotmj

What are you wearing today?

Yes, the seasons have a huge part to play, I think. Different places seem to have different 'light', which itself changes with the seasons. Add the environment, the colours that other people on the street tend to wear, and you have a very different backdrop to complement or contrast. It's not something folks living near the Equator have the chance to manipulate, unfortunately.

• Like 1

Btw joonian, I approve of that spread collar. Did you use the online shop to order your Jantzen shirt? I shudder at the thought of their online swatch pics.

Anyway, this is my getup for dinner with workmates. I've been sent to sunny Brisbane, so I busted out the linen. Sportjacket is wool-linen-silk blend.

photo-15.jpg

photo-14.jpg

photo-17.jpg

Pic of the whole sportjacket. Colour in the bottom pic is not accurate. Top picture shows it much more accurately.

photo-16.jpg

6, nice jacket. I might have gone with perhaps more contrast with a lighter coloured pair of pants, or perhaps pants of a lighter material? In terms of shirts, maybe a polo with a decent sized collar or a OCBD might have enhanced the casualness of the outfit.

I actually got the Jantzen off B&S. It happens to fit perfectly!

Amazing blue colour there, 6! It seems to be dark enough for evening casual wear, yet brilliant enough to look good in the sun. Excellent choice there, dude.

Thanks for the kind words guys. Yes, I think the large patch pockets give it away - its a PJohnson, my first commission from them.

Alas, my collection of pants is limited. I was also thinking I needed a light weight cotton pant yesterday. And I would pick a linen shirt over a heavier OCBD in this weather. I need to invest in more linen shirts. They are fantastic to wear.

Anyone has any experience with the Acorn linen shirtings? I might get a couple made.

Some dude is selling fantastic linen shirtings in the bazaar, they are patterned unlike acorn's which are plain.

Today, Friday CBD

photo-21.jpg

Shirt - Buttonliew v1, jacket RTW Ringjacket, tie - PRL, trousers - Buttonliew v1

Yesterday, dinner at the United Services Club (which serve ex-servicemen and their guests since WWII) with friends.

photo-20.jpg

They have a really old world toilet with a shoe shine stand.

photo-19.jpg

Thanks, 6. I'm not sure I'm quite as good a dresser as you make out, but if a compliment is offered I must not turn it down!

6f66df9e.jpg

Boglioli seersucker sportcoat with grey stripe and two patch pockets. One of my favourites. If only the drycleaner didn't press the life out of the rolling lapels...

Very close to pulling the trigger on a Boglioli jacket myself. Only thing holding me back is they look a tad bit short in the product shots on some websites I'm looking at. But these things can be misleading as online shops sometimes use 7'5'' models.

I was wondering what are your thoughts on this joonian?

Thanks!

And yes, it's a P Johnson; Pat's my suitmaker of choice these days.

Shirt's P Johnson as well, and the tie is a Hober wool challis.

Shirt is TM silverline twill?

G'day '6'.

Fancy seeing you here. :)

Hi everyone else; Singaporean living and working in Sydney who stumbled upon this place via SF.

Look forward to contributing more...

How's it goin mate? Welcome to our little forum. CEP is an ultra-big timer active in the Australian scene who frequently sports MTM (Zegna/PJohnson) and bespoke SIC Tess shirts from Charles Nakhle. Look forward to seeing your looks posted here! He is also known for putting up some sweet deals on the B/S forum. Unfortunately (or fortunately) he's not my size.