1229 replies to this topic

#41 "6"

"6"

Megatimer

• Members
  • 1,736 posts
  • LocationAnak Kedah

Posted 07 February 2012 - 10:31 PM

^ lookin good bro. I think the photo of you with the leather jacket was the best. Camera at shoulder height usually works better than if the camera is angled upwards.

Though, the true igent has no qualms with getting his spouse/family members/colleagues/pet goat take his photos for him.

#42 "6"

"6"

Megatimer

• Members
  • 1,736 posts
  • LocationAnak Kedah

Posted 10 February 2012 - 09:16 PM

Friday. Corporate drone being "rebellious". Boots and an OCBD mofos.

Deets:
Suit, shirt and PS - all Herringbone OTR, Silk/Cashmere necktie - MUJI, boots - Alden #8 shell cordovans

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#43 F1refighter

F1refighter

Megatimer

• Members
  • 652 posts

Posted 10 February 2012 - 09:23 PM

Great looking ensemble, 6! Hope to nail some good shirts with AL and hopefully invest in some nice shoes too.

#44 joonian

joonian

Megatimer

• Alfa once more
  • 2,134 posts
  • Location-

Posted 11 February 2012 - 02:05 PM

Test-driving a Jantzen spread collar, Cuffz links, Vanda Ultimate Navy and Vanda pocket square. That half-Windsor looks huge in this pic.

Posted Image

Posted Image

#45 joonian

joonian

Megatimer

• Alfa once more
  • 2,134 posts
  • Location-

Posted 11 February 2012 - 02:07 PM

6, that Muji tie looks really nice. Didn't know their ties wore so well. I might have gone with a blue shirt and a square with less contrast. maybe. Quibbles!

#46 terrorsquad

terrorsquad

Megatimer

• Yang Berbahagia
  • 1,581 posts

Posted 11 February 2012 - 02:11 PM

What jacket is that Joonian?Love the lapels..

#47 joonian

joonian

Megatimer

• Alfa once more
  • 2,134 posts
  • Location-

Posted 11 February 2012 - 02:13 PM

It's an off-the-rack Sisley! Think I got it on a big discount at Isetan in KL a few years ago. I only had the sleeves shortened. The fit was great.

#48 "6"

"6"

Megatimer

• Members
  • 1,736 posts
  • LocationAnak Kedah

Posted 11 February 2012 - 04:31 PM

Seconded that the jacket looks great. I love my muji tie. I would stay away from their 1.5 inch skinny ties though.

#49 joonian

joonian

Megatimer

• Alfa once more
  • 2,134 posts
  • Location-

Posted 12 February 2012 - 11:04 PM

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#50 F1refighter

F1refighter

Megatimer

• Members
  • 652 posts

Posted 12 February 2012 - 11:22 PM

Test-driving a Jantzen spread collar, Cuffz links, Vanda Ultimate Navy and Vanda pocket square. That half-Windsor looks huge in this pic.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Simple, yet wonderful colour combination. I don't think I'll ever get tired of this colour-combination.

Do you think it's a seasonal thing? Some months those colours look great and sometimes just too "grey"?

#51 joonian

joonian

Megatimer

• Alfa once more
  • 2,134 posts
  • Location-

Posted 13 February 2012 - 12:10 AM

Yes, the seasons have a huge part to play, I think. Different places seem to have different 'light', which itself changes with the seasons. Add the environment, the colours that other people on the street tend to wear, and you have a very different backdrop to complement or contrast. It's not something folks living near the Equator have the chance to manipulate, unfortunately.

#52 "6"

"6"

Megatimer

• Members
  • 1,736 posts
  • LocationAnak Kedah

Posted 14 February 2012 - 08:17 PM

Btw joonian, I approve of that spread collar. Did you use the online shop to order your Jantzen shirt? I shudder at the thought of their online swatch pics.

Anyway, this is my getup for dinner with workmates. I've been sent to sunny Brisbane, so I busted out the linen. Sportjacket is wool-linen-silk blend.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Pic of the whole sportjacket. Colour in the bottom pic is not accurate. Top picture shows it much more accurately.

Posted Image

#53 terrorsquad

terrorsquad

Megatimer

• Yang Berbahagia
  • 1,581 posts

Posted 14 February 2012 - 08:56 PM

That's a very nice jacket 6!

#54 goliath

goliath

Bigtimer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 107 posts

Posted 14 February 2012 - 10:32 PM

6, is that a PJohnson jacket?

#55 kotmj

kotmj

Megatimer

• Members
  • 7,685 posts
  • LocationBukit Rimau

Posted 14 February 2012 - 10:46 PM

Yes it is.

I like the outfit.

#56 joonian

joonian

Megatimer

• Alfa once more
  • 2,134 posts
  • Location-

Posted 14 February 2012 - 10:59 PM

6, nice jacket. I might have gone with perhaps more contrast with a lighter coloured pair of pants, or perhaps pants of a lighter material? In terms of shirts, maybe a polo with a decent sized collar or a OCBD might have enhanced the casualness of the outfit.

I actually got the Jantzen off B&S. It happens to fit perfectly!

#57 helnaur

helnaur

Smalltimer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 15 February 2012 - 01:02 AM

Amazing blue colour there, 6! It seems to be dark enough for evening casual wear, yet brilliant enough to look good in the sun. Excellent choice there, dude.

#58 "6"

"6"

Megatimer

• Members
  • 1,736 posts
  • LocationAnak Kedah

Posted 15 February 2012 - 08:18 AM

Thanks for the kind words guys. Yes, I think the large patch pockets give it away - its a PJohnson, my first commission from them.

Alas, my collection of pants is limited. I was also thinking I needed a light weight cotton pant yesterday. And I would pick a linen shirt over a heavier OCBD in this weather. I need to invest in more linen shirts. They are fantastic to wear.

Anyone has any experience with the Acorn linen shirtings? I might get a couple made.

#59 kotmj

kotmj

Megatimer

• Members
  • 7,685 posts
  • LocationBukit Rimau

Posted 15 February 2012 - 01:13 PM

Some dude is selling fantastic linen shirtings in the bazaar, they are patterned unlike acorn's which are plain.

#60 F1refighter

F1refighter

Megatimer

• Members
  • 652 posts

Posted 20 February 2012 - 08:13 AM

Some CBD today:

Posted Image

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users