Sign in to follow this  
holymoly

Everything Analogue Photography

I may yet get back into film. Only this time, I'll develop then digitize the negatives myself. Here the Black Don

image_zps41e09a86.jpg

However, I think it makes more sense to shoot medium format. Am looking at TLRs, prices are very low nowadays. Here's an example from a Rolleiflex shot by someone.

9266028063_e60dee86e7_b.jpg

just found out that bang bang geng @ publika scans negatives at full frame (36x24) 20mp resolutions (i just dropped off a roll of kodak ultramax 400 yesterday for processing and scanning).

kotmj, you may want to consider their negative scanning services, though i don't know how much they would charge for it.

Dude how much to process a roll of 35mm negs at ggb? I just discovered a few rolls of unprocessed BW400CN from my student days.

Dude how much to process a roll of 35mm negs at ggb? I just discovered a few rolls of unprocessed BW400CN from my student days.

i will only know when i collect my roll this saturday. forgot to bring my voucher from when i bought that ultramax there.

Problem with ggb is it is in a very remote corner of kl that I almost never go to. There is a shop here in Bentong I may try out. More centrally located.

The pic of Suhaimi is very grainy. And high contrast, like newsprint. I'm pretty convinced I want to shoot monochrome on medium format, show the Armoury guys their Leica Monochrome has its match; looking for a suitable TLR on ebay as we speak... here something for inspiration...from the workrooms of Henry Poole.

large.jpg

to be honest, that picture of suhaimi wasn't scanned at the best possible resolution. i wouldn't necessarily say everything went downhill with 35mm, though medium/large format would definitely yield more 'resolution', of course. for one, i don't really mind the graininess and the high contrast (which i find to be quite attractive in certain black and white shots).

i'm very curious now to see the scanned results of my ultramax 400 (though i'm not sure if there are any shots worthy of sharing with the public).

Photo21_21.jpg

grass

nikon fm2

nikkor 70-180mm f4.5-5.6 micro

fuji velvia 100f (expired)

the color on this shot is actually off, due to the expiry of the film. what is seen here is the result after some digital correction in lightroom.

but should the correction have been done?

How would 35mm be the Instagram of its time, apart from its lower barrier threshold? 35mm is still pretty much subject to the same shooting and chemical processes that its larger format cousins go through.

by the way, the prices of the film sold at BBG are inclusive of processing and scanning fees. just be sure to retain the box that contained the film you bought from them.

and if you're looking for scanning services only, it would set you back rm8. i forgot to ask about standalone film processing fees though.

as for the quality of the scans, i think it's quite decent, to say the least.

i'm not too sure.

but the overall experience has been pleasant so far.

so much so that i've just loaded an expired tmax 100 into the yashica about ten minutes ago, and looking forward to finishing the roll soon so that i can have it scanned.

Photo21_21.jpg

grass

nikon fm2

nikkor 70-180mm f4.5-5.6 micro

fuji velvia 100f (expired)

the color on this shot is actually off, due to the expiry of the film. what is seen here is the result after some digital correction in lightroom.

but should the correction have been done?

I've only ever seen grass pics work in contre jour compositions

original.jpg

I've never actually shot real B&W film before. Thanks to this shop called Geng Geng Beng (directly below BIG) at Publika, I bought my very first roll. Fujifilm Acros 100. The price of the film includes self-processing using their darkroom -- I find this a bit unusual (what if I inadvertently put the place on fire?).

Here's the roll next to my Spotmatic.

IMG_3768_zps31c0e828.jpg

they're trying to get you to come back, through the all-inclusive pricing. i think it's pretty smart.

but what do you mean you've never shot with real black and white film? i thought you shot a few rolls of bw400cn?