65 replies to this topic

#61 kotmj

kotmj

Megatimer

• Members
  • 7,681 posts
  • LocationBukit Rimau

Posted 08 April 2015 - 08:29 PM

Alternative picture. Just practising product photography, I guess.
pentax5014hand_zpssca4pyjq.jpg

#62 joonian

joonian

Megatimer

• Alfa once more
  • 2,134 posts
  • Location-

Posted 08 April 2015 - 08:53 PM

wah your hands are so creased. 

#63 kotmj

kotmj

Megatimer

• Members
  • 7,681 posts
  • LocationBukit Rimau

Posted 18 August 2015 - 04:14 AM

So I finally took the trouble to search out a suitable adapter to use the Pentax lens above on my Canon 70D. The adapter arrived today; it made me very excited and I rushed around to get camera, lens and adapter. I set the aperture ring to f2.0, and made my first shot with it.
IMG_7142_zpsbpwa8mj6.jpg
(Click for higher res.)

It is a camera-generated jpeg in Neutral picture style, Canon's flattest and least saturated. I stared at the LCD in disbelief at how sharp and contrasty it is.

Of the three 50mm made by Canon capable of shooting at f2.0, only one comes close to the performance of this Pentax. That would be the 50/1.2L. Both the 50/1.8 (even the latest STM version) and the 50/1.4 are barely usable at f2.0. In fact, this Pentax at f1.4 is about how the other two perform at f2.0.

I am just shocked at how good this 40-year old lens is.

#64 kotmj

kotmj

Megatimer

• Members
  • 7,681 posts
  • LocationBukit Rimau

Posted 26 August 2015 - 08:56 PM

I bought this half a year ago but only got around to taking pics OF it. I can't really take pics WITH it because I bought the wrong model -- this one has no rangefinder; so only scale focussing. I can't shoot like that. But it is gorgeous. A piece of industrial art.
1-IMG_8021_zpspmevgk9c.jpg

#65 kotmj

kotmj

Megatimer

• Members
  • 7,681 posts
  • LocationBukit Rimau

Posted 01 December 2015 - 09:19 PM

I bought a Leica. It arrived today. A Leica strap, that is. Article no. 14312.

It is so good, I immediately bought another one. You see, my two main problems with camera straps are bulk (too much of it) and it not staying put on the shoulder. This Leica strap no. 14312 solves both problems. It is thin and supple, and it remains glued on the shoulder. It is even made in Germany.

The design is really as intelligent and well-judged as people say it is. Everything about it is well thought-out. The rubber pad is similar in concept to the UPstrap (which unfortunately does not ship to Malaysia). The silicone rubber is cast on the nylon strap and is immovable. It is a thin pad -- it is very soft and flexible, not at all bulky and rigid. The underside of the pad is covered with many small nubs of a very deliberate design to have amazing grip on your shoulder. The nylon webbing is fairly generic, but the metal attachment to the camera's lugs is an inspired piece of genius. It goes on and off a camera much more easily than a generic split ring.

As I said, it's so good, I bought another one.

#66 kotmj

kotmj

Megatimer

• Members
  • 7,681 posts
  • LocationBukit Rimau

Posted 02 November 2016 - 08:01 PM

F1030003-01_zpspudcb6ih.jpeg

Fujifilm Acros 100, Sigma 50/1.4 Art at wide open, Canon EOS 7

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users