shanecross

Trousers/Pant

I was looking on SF today and saw a very nice linen pants.http://www.styleforum.net/t/283614/custom-31w-31-5l-custom-tan-linen-trousers-by-mr-ned-of-nyc

Spoke to the seller, nice chap, but still agonizing if i should get it. Do you guys think its worth the 80usd, or I'm better off getting 1.3-1.5m of cloth and getting them tailored by AL?

Might be worth it just to get a feel for the finish and details. But you'll probably have to do some alterations to it any way, so you have to factor that into the total price. In all, you probably won't save money compared to a direct commission from Ah Loke, but the premium you pay will be to check out what other tailors are capable of.

That makes sense, thanks joonian !

Now, where can I source out tan colored linen...any ideas? I find it difficult to find materials similar to the cotton chinos, does anyone know where I could source them out? The ones on ebay (Brit fabrics, huddersfield) don't seem to have any excess of them.

Hmm, I've been pretty lucky that the tailors I use stock cheap cotton twills. I'm not sure how else to find the stuff. Binwani's? Other random textile merchants?

On my next pair of trousers, I'll use what Jefferey Diduch uses for his waistband interlining: hair canvas. I have a stiff one here that would be perfect.

When trying to source my own interlining for my next pair of trousers, I came across "wool-hair" and "horse-hair" interlining. From what I know, isn't horse hair used for chest interlinings? Can both do the trick for trouser waistbands? Wool hair interlining is the cheaper option.

The only material that would be suitable is probably wool-hair. There is no industry standard for the terms.

Basically, one type (the softer one) is used on the entire length of the jacket front, Some people call this category of canvasses "body canvas". The other type, much stiffer, is used on the chest only, terminating above the working button. I and many others call this "chest canvas".

You want to buy a body canvas, but a firmer sort of body canvas.

I'll bring along some samples on Sunday.

Not sure if this'll help, Shanecross, but here're goes anyway. They're a bit on the greenish side though.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/DUGDALES-SAGE-GREEN-IRISH-LINEN-SUITING-FABRIC-3-25MTR-/220937232648?pt=UK_Crafts_Fabric_Textiles_SM&hash=item3370e2a108#ht_500wt_1069

On the subject, I just managed to pick up a pair of cream linen pants on sale. Unfortunately, the pockets/half-lining are quite visible under the fabric (my complexion's quite dark so that makes the contrast a smidgen worse). What d' you think, gentlemen? Ought I return it for a refund (I still can) or should I wear them in KL with heck of a lot of sprezz?

Hey helnaur,

I like that color, green linen sounds like a good walk about pants. Anyway, I think you should just rock-up with that cream linen pants. My complexion is also a little bit on the not so bright side, anyway, post a picture. That would be great ! Thanks for the link btw !

Bought two lengths of twill cotton while I was in Hanoi over the weekend. One in navy, the other khaki.

1 meter costs RM11.00, will see how it holds after I have them made up.

Was thinking of it, but decided not to as I did not bring a pair for them to copy. Plus language was an issue.

Anyone had a chance to test their tailoring capabilities?

Is it wise to roll up suit trousers? With a more sturdier fabric as my wool trousers it give the roll up more structure and a more crisp look compared to cotton ones, which i want to pair with boat shoes.

Splendid. Who do you use?

Some unknown Mtm tailor in Singapore. Workmanship is only slightly above average, but reasonable pricing in my view.

Some unknown Mtm tailor in Singapore. Workmanship is only slightly above average, but reasonable pricing in my view.

How long is the turnover?

All from Dugdale Bros - New Fine Worsted, Linen and Cotton.

Getting some summer trousers for myself.

DSC01697.jpg

DSC01698.jpg

DSC01699.jpg

DSC01700.jpg

Very nice hst! What are the prices like direct from Dugdale's?