Trousers/Pant

This pair of trousers has 10 pockets.

devan_zps950cc355.jpg

2X coin pocket, accessible from the exterior

2X internal waistband pocket

2X side pocket

2X coin pocket, nested inside side pocket

2X back pockets

This is the third pair I'm making for him. His jackets too are riddled with pockets. But, curiously, he doesn't want any ticket pockets on his jackets.

• Like 1

I was up in an apartment on Jalan Pinang (right next to KLCC) to fit a young customer today. His parents were there as well. I had him put on the muslin shirt and baste suit pants (which I had sewn myself the previous night because my trousermaker is temporarily unavailable). We were evaluating the fit when the father came over and said, "Try squatting."

And there, the customer squatted down.

"I always do like that," the father said to me, "to make sure it's comfortable."

• Like 1

I was up in an apartment on Jalan Pinang (right next to KLCC) to fit a young customer today. His parents were there as well. I had him put on the muslin shirt and baste suit pants (which I had sewn myself the previous night because my trousermaker is temporarily unavailable). We were evaluating the fit when the father came over and said, "Try squatting."

And there, the customer squatted down.

"I always do like that," the father said to me, "to make sure it's comfortable."

Usually, I just sit. I don't see myself squatting too much.

A customer posed an interesting question to me for his 8th pair of trousers. How does one make casual trousers in wool? I suggested the usual styling elements which casualizes: felled seams, cuffs, pick stitching along outseam in contrasting thread (which he dismissed as being too Singaporean). I can't remember if I suggested patch pockets for the back pockets, but I did suggest Western side pockets (just like on jeans).

He liked none of them. Instead of casualizing in the rustic sense, he wants a slick, contemporary, city pants. For going out at night. The sort of clothes Armani is known for.

Your suggestions?

Dark colors, more taper, either jeans pockets or vertical welted pockets (what's the terminology for that ah) to keep the silhouette trim - ?

You need to think in the non-thekerbau direction then. Something textured, slim, belt loops, no cuffs, side cargo patch pockets with pointed flaps. *shudders

A customer posed an interesting question to me for his 8th pair of trousers. How does one make casual trousers in wool? I suggested the usual styling elements which casualizes: felled seams, cuffs, pick stitching along outseam in contrasting thread (which he dismissed as being too Singaporean). I can't remember if I suggested patch pockets for the back pockets, but I did suggest Western side pockets (just like on jeans).

He liked none of them. Instead of casualizing in the rustic sense, he wants a slick, contemporary, city pants. For going out at night. The sort of clothes Armani is known for.

Your suggestions?

I would say a trouser cut which is trimmer, especially at the leg opening, cuffed. He might want belt loops to add some visual interest with a belt (especially since the norm in SEA weather is to go sans jacket). Belt loops also essential to show off an Hermes belt (if he is so inclined).

Some sort of welted back pockets with visible buttons. 

Dark navy or charcoal fabric is essential so as to not reveal any drink spills. The fabric should have visual interest/ textures will help like tropical weaves, birdeye, etc. 

I wholeheartedly agree with no pick sticthing in contrast tread. 

Great responses, thanks. Having considered these, I now think the perfect slick going-out pants has two elements:

1. A dark colour (Armani black) with shiny surface texture.

2. Jeans cut, i.e. Western side pockets, rear patch pockets, back yoke.

I would almost say it should be slimmer, but a high percentage of customers are already wearing maximally slim trousers anyway.