I also have fit pics of the trousers on the customer it was cut for.

But they might bring about the downfall of the house of Ambrosi.

Cuffs on Ambrosi. Notice the constriction on the trouser leg as a result of the top of the cuff not having a bigger diameter. This, too happens on some of my trousers, but that's because I got tired of teaching and reteaching the trousermakers. I would tell them not to cause the constriction, and they sometimes would. The moment I stop mentioning it, it comes back again. So I gave up on this battle. But I have a good excuse! My trousers cost a small fraction of Ambrosi.

I actually know how to permanently solve this problem but it requires a lot of organisational changes. The fact that Ambrosi also suffers from this suggests to me that perhaps Ambrosis are also sewn by independent trousermakers working from home, and who are thus not constantly subject to the vigilant attention of the brand owners. If these were sewn by salaried employees working on premises, it will not happen because you can give them a kick or a whack on the head each time they sew the cuff like this. Nobody likes to be whacked so often, so eventually they do it right. Unless they work from home, where they are not whacked. Sorry if I sound a little coarse, but we are dealing with "cari makan" people here---trousermakers are not these special beings with very high expectations of themselves. They are mostly feckless. Their only ambition is to make a living.

But, to put things in perspective, this is what the founder of Nomos watches would call a "ultrafeines Problem", literally an ultra fine problem, or more idiomatically, a subtle problem. It's just a bit of constriction near the cuffs. Big deal. The only reason I mention it here is because there is nothing subtle about the price of an Ambrosi. At their price, it is reasonable to expect no constriction.

The underside is extremely typical. Practically the entire world sews the underside of the cuffs like this, except in Malaysia people would serge the cut edge of the cloth before the cross stitching is performed. Notice also how the cloth has been machine serged along the long seams. The long seams were also machine sewn---just like the rest of the universe. There are no buttons to secure the cuff---just some simple hand tacks, pretty much like the rest of the world including the tailors above the Pasar Besar Bentong.

Also notice the inlay convention. No inlay on the front. 3/4" inlay on the rear. Practically identical to the inlay convention in Malaysia.