shanecross

Trousers/Pant

Are dark olive trousers formal appropriate for work wear?

Well, it largely depends on your work environment. I would say go ahead if your work place is not one of those with everyone just in black, navy and charcoal trousers.

Pure, unadulterated Mueller & Sohn (aka Rundschau) trouser pattern. As it turns out, lots of pattern manipulation required for the next muslin baste (you're looking at a muslin baste in pure polyester, RM6.80/m). But dude, the hang is impeccable.

P4213530.jpg

P4213529.jpg

How the heck do you get such a clean line on the rear of the pant? I've been told that folds are inevitable for small-assers like myself.

It's totally not true that folds are inevitable for the flat assed. But getting a clean hang becomes significantly more difficult the slimmer the pants.

I ahve this sudden urge to make a pair of pants with Ambrosi.Yes, RM1800 for a pair of pants is crazy. But its a work of art (trying to justify myself)

I'm thinking of doing a pair of pants in a heavy oxford cloth. My guess is that it will be cool, comfortable, and rugged, but lighter than khakis. What do you folks think? What colours, weight, where to get the cloth?

Kotmj, stop teasing us. What kind of criteria are you using to select your clientele? Barring from TS, i don't know anybody else who's on your clientele list. Its one heck of a list to get on.

Zinzan you'd be on it immediately if it weren't because some others came on first and ordered 3-4 suits each. I have to be careful not to turn into an Ambrosi! (A Neapolitan trousermaking father and son duo who rose to internet fame then later The Rake fame then had lead times of 12 months for trousers.)

Its tough to get on this guest list, just because the door bitch is such a bitch. Hehehehe. All in jest Kotmj. 3-4 suits at one go, damn!! I will not be surprised its TS making all that suits or one of his recent victims. Hell Kotmj, forget about it, I'm such a small timer there;s no point. I will not give you a sustainable revenue stream. Hehehehe

I'm adopting the 'kais pagi makan pagi,kais petang makan petang' principle.I cannot afford to make a lot of suits.only 1 every 5 years.

Dude, what are you talking about? Is there some sort of etiquette about so materially misrepresenting one's big-timerness such that it has no resemblance to reality that nobody bothered to inform me about?

• Like 1

Kotmj, are further adjustments gonna be made to that baste? If you don't mind, I'd like to plagiarise that and show it to Nani as reference for my ideal sorta cut.

Yes, I want to add a bit more width at the topside (i.e. front of pants) near the thighs, I need to consult with some old sifus about what to do when the belly pushes down the waistband at the front causing the folds you see and as the customer requested I need to cut back on the width at the back of the pants by 1".

materially misrepresenting one's big-timerness such that it has no resemblance to reality

QFT