Sign in to follow this  
kotmj

kotmj's Tailoring Notes

Wow, these button holes look very nice indeed. 

Those canton work tailor will never have something legit as these. 

The self-claimed shanghai tailor....something close but not as nice. 

Really? I've seen some really nice buttonholes come out of HK.

1-IMG_6052_zpsavdy1nh2.jpg

The boutonniere has always been a problem. We've been making gradual progress on it, going from a faux boutonniere which is traditional in this country to working ones (but not that good), to recently pretty good working ones and now we've added a braided loop on the underside.

Here's how to press the pocket flap without leaving an imprint on the bottom.

1-IMG_6063_zpsflsomms8.jpg

I think I've just invented something quite new. I was sitting here at my desk, thinking of how to make the jacket truer to its function as a piece of personal luggage. I thought of a customer of mine who has an intense need for pockets, and how I can fashion a jacket to be more accommodating to his pocket needs.

Then, an idea came to me. I've never seen this in any jacket before. It is very executable and I think people who use their jacket pockets heavily will love it to death. I didn't think it would be this easy to innovate in this area.

I'll see if I can incorporate this in the next jacket we make and take pictures.

No, I haven't seen the Ted Bakers. I would not want a person to look at my jackets and say they have crazy amounts of pockets. Implementation must always be elegant.

I'm tempted to give my invention a German name, like VW's Doppelschaltgetriebe, or A. Lange & Soehne's Doppelfederhaus. I want to call mine Doppelfachtasche.

What do you want to reach underneath the coat for? everyone will say your coat is too/fashionably short. You might not recover from the humiliation.

Nice! I am very keen to see the end product. I assume overcoats also come with different padding options like in suit/sport coats? 

A coat at mid-calf length looks rather heavy and prevents one from reaching underneath the coat so I prefer (aesthetically) a mid-thigh length. 

Step 1: unbutton coat

Step 2: reach where you want.

• Like 1