87 replies to this topic

#81 Belthasar

Belthasar

Nanotimer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 20 June 2017 - 06:39 AM

6, cheers for pointing out Billingham. If that's true perhaps I might end up thrifting a Brady over in Japan with luck.

Holy, ah was a bit ambiguous but you read my mind. Durability was what I had in mind and I will keep Sankodo in mind! Thanks a lot. Your bag adventures remind me of those shoes adventures people do in Hungary. Lol.

#82 holymoly

holymoly

Megatimer

• Members
  • 419 posts

Posted 20 June 2017 - 07:31 AM

Let us know how your thrifting in Japan works out. I did not find that bags in thrift ships were all that attractively priced from my previous attempts. Perhaps it is the currency exchange rate. I hope you will have much better luck than I did. If you are on a thrifting mission I suggest having a day trip to Shimokitazawa. https://tokyocheapo....himokitazawa-2/

#83 holymoly

holymoly

Megatimer

• Members
  • 419 posts

Posted 20 June 2017 - 04:09 PM

Just a tiny warning to those consider Billingham and Brady rubberized canvas as somehow better than the other types of canvas available elsewhere. I have handled older Billinghams and they do show delamination. Billingham has acknowledged this in the past (circa 2011?) that the rubber will delaminate in older bags, and will harden/crack/deteriorate over time. In our climate, this process is likely to be more accelerated. Once you see delamination, it is likely that the bags will not be waterproof (or stormproof as Billingham calls it). Also, if you do buy Billingham camera bags, the warranty is on the bag itself and not on the foam inserts. The foam inserts will disintegrate and you will need to replace them on your dime. 

Here is the new Hadley One. The Hadley now has a carrying handle. The shoulder strap comes with a shoulder pad. The laptop sleeve is now fixed but still lightly padded. The camera inserts can be fastened down. The rear zipper is a YKK rainproof one. Importantly, it now has a luggage pass through for luggage handles so that one can have brief moment of respite for those aching shoulders while trying to look cool jetsetting. I hope I resist the temptation to go to the store to see it. 

mg_0100.jpg?w=1536&h=1025

#84 urban

urban

Bigtimer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 160 posts

Posted 21 June 2017 - 09:36 AM

I have a Brady for myself and a smaller one for my teenage daughter.

They are excellent products.

#85 kotmj

kotmj

Megatimer

• Members
  • 7,685 posts
  • LocationBukit Rimau

Posted 21 June 2017 - 10:22 AM

My Brady is delaminated in several spots. Despite this, it's still very useable.

#86 Belthasar

Belthasar

Nanotimer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 03 July 2017 - 09:32 AM

Let us know how your thrifting in Japan works out. I did not find that bags in thrift ships were all that attractively priced from my previous attempts. Perhaps it is the currency exchange rate. I hope you will have much better luck than I did. If you are on a thrifting mission I suggest having a day trip to Shimokitazawa. https://tokyocheapo....himokitazawa-2/

Cheers Holy! Won't be anytime soon as I had just came back. That's right but they can have more second-hand LV bags than the actual boutique over there! Thanks for the link and the extra info on Brady!

#87 riggy

riggy

Megatimer

• Members
  • 239 posts
  • LocationAround Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

Posted 07 July 2017 - 12:09 PM

Here is something I thrifted recently. But here in the Klang Valley. I honestly got too many bags but what's one more. It's a vintage LL Bean from what I can tell. From Japan. Soft and the size of a camera bag. I think its a good size for a weekender. Bought at a 'kedai bundle' which brings in stuff from Japan (just before the Batu Tiga toll on Fed. Highway - Bunduro. Can find some Yoshida Porter bags in good nick occasionally). More photos and the usual write up on the blog

DSC03882%2B%255BDesktop%2BResolution%255

One can never have too many shoes......or cars...or watches...or houses...or...
motoring-malaysia.blogspot.com
and
amalaysianman.blogspot.com/

#88 kotmj

kotmj

Megatimer

• Members
  • 7,685 posts
  • LocationBukit Rimau

Posted 07 July 2017 - 11:09 PM

Great find!

0 user(s) are reading this topic