5 replies to this topic

#1 kotmj

kotmj

Megatimer

• Members
  • 7,674 posts
  • LocationBukit Rimau

Posted 29 July 2015 - 06:39 PM

Just wanted to say I just came back from a facial, the first of my life. It took a whole hour during which maybe 10 sorts of stuff were rubbed, slathered onto, or allowed to soak into my face. There was also a mechanical removal of blackheads. I really like how my face felt after the treatment. It was only RM50.

#2 dynamite

dynamite

Smalltimer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 73 posts

Posted 30 July 2015 - 01:04 PM

Where did you go? I've actually never been for a facial in my life either.

#3 holymoly

holymoly

Megatimer

• Members
  • 419 posts

Posted 30 July 2015 - 05:17 PM

Never had a facial in my life. A bit of moisturizer and occasional mask are the most I do to preserve my face. Still not discounting the possibility of having a facial sometime in the future.

#4 kotmj

kotmj

Megatimer

• Members
  • 7,674 posts
  • LocationBukit Rimau

Posted 30 July 2015 - 08:29 PM

The one I went to is in Bentong. Had a great vegan lunch in my favourite place to eat, went to my favourite hairdresser for a wash/scalp massage, then asked the hairdresser for a facial recommendation. The first place I went to obviously did not want my business. "Do you have an appointment?" she asked me curtly. Err no, I said, can I have an appointment for today? We're full today and tomorrow, she told me, except that there was nobody there since there weren't any slippers outside. I went to another one, and they told me they do not do male customers, but that the one next door does, except the one next door is closed. I then asked a cosmetics shop proprietor if she would recommend me a place, and she pointed me in the right direction. All the shops I mentioned, from vegetarian place to the various beauticians, are within short walking distance from one another, a huge advantage of a compact town like Bentong. Costs are about half of KL's.

#5 kotmj

kotmj

Megatimer

• Members
  • 7,674 posts
  • LocationBukit Rimau

Posted 30 July 2015 - 08:30 PM

I really liked the experience and the result. I plan to have facials done relatively regularly.

#6 kotmj

kotmj

Megatimer

• Members
  • 7,674 posts
  • LocationBukit Rimau

Posted 14 August 2015 - 10:52 PM

I went for another facial today. It was a different shop. My appointment was for 11am, which I showed up for on the dot and where I was immediately attended to. The facial ended at 1pm. For two hours, a variety of creams and liquids were applied to my face, and there were lengthy face massages. At one point, they actually took out cucumber slices and put them over my eyelids. I was asked if I needed a bathroom break because the next step takes 20minutes. I was asked to sleep for that period with my face supporting a heavy mask. Instead, I watched my breath (a form of meditation). RM70.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users