First off perfume is highly subjective and smells different on different skins. So I'd never buy what someone else describes as a great fragrance...you have to try on yourself.

Among mainstream frags I like are Terre de Hermes and the original Bulgari EDT (with green tea and white tea).

Current faves are:

Creed Tabarome

Creed Bois du Portugal (Id never buy in Sing tho as Escentials charges S$268 for 75 ml....I can get it in Paris for 134 Euro (125ml).

Frederic Malle Musc Ravageur (once again if u like throwing away cash buy from Malmaison, or just get it for 150Eur direct from the Malle website).

Aramis Havana

Just discovered Atelier Cologne in Paris. My lukewarm interest in fragrances have been revived by their amazing offerings.

Orange Sanguine- intense orange citrus giving way to warm sandalwood base.

Trefle Fur- fresh green grass with complex base

Grand Neroli- awful at the start (to me) but gets better and better after the initial whiff.

I just bought a bottle of Trefle Pur when I was in London recently! I loved the fact that it's green and citrusy at the same time - something different from all the generic smelling cool, citrus scents in the market.

Also got a bottle of Parfumerie Generale's new Djhenne while at my favorite fragrance retail outlet in London. Loving it so far.

First off perfume is highly subjective and smells different on different skins. So I'd never buy what someone else describes as a great fragrance...you have to try on yourself. Among mainstream frags I like are Terre de Hermes and the original Bulgari EDT (with green tea and white tea). Current faves are: Creed Tabarome Creed Bois du Portugal (Id never buy in Sing tho as Escentials charges S$268 for 75 ml....I can get it in Paris for 134 Euro (125ml). Frederic Malle Musc Ravageur (once again if u like throwing away cash buy from Malmaison, or just get it for 150Eur direct from the Malle website). Aramis Havana

Can I ask - where in Paris do I go if I'm looking for Creed scents?

^^ A bit late, but you can find Creed boutique at 38, Avenue Pierre 1er de Serbie.

Does anyone else find that the Creed Vetiver smells like laundry detergent?

Many thanks Petepan - heading over next week, will be sure to swing by.

I, uh, kinda like it actually. But looking to try other vetivers before passing judgment.

I wanted to buy a shave soap and discovered the Tabac scent. It's is awfully cheap and I smell unique, apart from the masses.

92D173B0-6AEC-41BC-A0CD-0027049A5258-6192-000008D1B7589B97_zpsd0ac0d01.jpg

Looking for a woody, smoky, leathery, complex scent.

3 contenders:

Creed Oud

Creed Tabarome

Amouage Memoir

All smelled great on tester paper.

But after skin test, Amouage Memoir came out just ahead of Ould. The subtle vetiver in the base note clinched it.

Looking for a woody, smoky, leathery, complex scent.

3 contenders:

Creed Oud

Creed Tabarome

Amouage Memoir

All smelled great on tester paper.

But after skin test, Amouage Memoir came out just ahead of Ould. The subtle vetiver in the base note clinched it.

I have the Amouage Memoir - got it while on transit in Oman where it was much cheaper than London. I don't use it that often in Malaysia's weather to be honest as it's not really a summer scent.

If you can find it, do try looking for Djhenne by Pierre Guillaume, it's my favorite woody, leathery scent so far. I often find myself selecting that over my Memoir.

http://www.nstperfume.com/2012/08/22/parfumerie-generale-no-22-djhenne-new-fragrance/

http://shop.lessenteurs.com/category/2540/Djhenne_22

hi guys,where can i find the Malle's Vetiver extraordinaire in KL?

I got mine at Les Senteurs in London (I think they do online shipping?). Haven't found it so far in Pavillion, BSC, BV or the other malls. It's not even available in Changi. You would probably need to go to Singapore or order it online.

it's my favorite scent so far and I've tried more than 10 vetiver scents (Mona di Orio, Creed, Jo Malone, Guerlain etc.)

Thanks Lonegranite. Vetiver and Oud are tricky.

I was actually looking for a winter scent. Memoir is not suitable for hot weather.

I have Djhenne on my sample list with Hinoki. Have to hold off at the moment cos I have some Kurkdjian samples coming.

Talking about interesting fragrance, I tried Leather Oud by Dior. Talk about over-the-top! You will need big balls to pull that off in CBD office.

Another interesting one is Odeur 71 by CdG. Apparently they have captured the scent of ozone just before the arrival of a thunderstorm, that familiar wettish, woody, forestry smell just as a cool change comes in right before a thunderstorm in the tropics. Pretty amazing if they can do that.

thanks for the answer. Think i'll pay a visit at their sg branch, want to feel the scent first and make decide.

Thanks again for the helpful comments

Anyone tried Encre Noir for Men?

Hi there, I have encre noir and its one of my fave evening scents.

Smells like i just spilled ink all over myself (minus the stains). the primary note here is a dark vetiver. Its rather fleeting with minimal sillage tho... so one can be trigger happy on this one.

Anyway hi guys, im new on these forums. My current lineup of "smelly friends" are as follows:

Creed Green Irish Tweed, Creed Millesime Imperial, Bvlgari Extreme, Terre D'Hermes, Jean Patou Pour Homme, Dior Homme, Burberry London, Micheal Kors, Givenchy Pi, Versace The Dreamer, Nikos Sculpture Homme, Guerlain Heritage, Chanel Egoiste, chanel Platinum Egoiste, L'eau D'Issey, Givenchy Very Irressistable, YSL Rive Gauche Pour Homme, YSL M7, Ralph Lauren Silver Romance, Lanvin Arpege Pour Homme, Narcisso Rodriguez For Him, Azzaro Visit, Lalique Encre Noir, Paco Rabanne Black XS, Bvlgari Black, Thierry Mugler A*Men, Sean John Unforgivable, Dior Fahrenheit, Estee Lauder Beyond Paradise Men, Lolita Lempicka Au Masculin, Dunhill Desire, Creed Original Vetiver, Guerlain Vetiver Au Fraiche, Burberry Weekend, Azzaro Now, CK One, D&G The One, Bvlgari Aqva, JPG Le Male

Hope to learn lots and contribute something useful to your forums.

:D

Hi guys, I've only just started venturing into fragrances and clearly, all these English, French and/or Italian names are totally foreign to me.

I'm highly interested to check them out though but being based in Singapore, I'm not sure whether they are THAT readily available. Any suggestions on a place/ places where I can get my chance to whiff around? =)

Creed Green Irish Tweed, Creed Millesime Imperial, Bvlgari Extreme, Terre D'Hermes, Jean Patou Pour Homme, Dior Homme, Burberry London, Micheal Kors, Givenchy Pi, Versace The Dreamer, Nikos Sculpture Homme, Guerlain Heritage, Chanel Egoiste, chanel Platinum Egoiste, L'eau D'Issey, Givenchy Very Irressistable, YSL Rive Gauche Pour Homme, YSL M7, Ralph Lauren Silver Romance, Lanvin Arpege Pour Homme, Narcisso Rodriguez For Him, Azzaro Visit, Lalique Encre Noir, Paco Rabanne Black XS, Bvlgari Black, Thierry Mugler A*Men, Sean John Unforgivable, Dior Fahrenheit, Estee Lauder Beyond Paradise Men, Lolita Lempicka Au Masculin, Dunhill Desire, Creed Original Vetiver, Guerlain Vetiver Au Fraiche, Burberry Weekend, Azzaro Now, CK One, D&G The One, Bvlgari Aqva, JPG Le Male

I have tried the ones in bold. The Encre Noir went feral on my skin and I belatedly realised that strong vetiver and me do not mix well. Okay if the vetiver is just a side note.

Very interested in YSL M7 which is nearly impossible to get nowadays. I assume you have the original version, not the Oud Absolue? I am also trying to track down a vintage version of Gucci Envy. The vintage is yellow in color, as opposed to the reformulated green color.

I really like the whole line-up of Maison Francis Kurkdjian, except for Cologne Pour Le Soir.

Waiting to get my hands on Djhenne and Wazamba. Should be coming soon.

Hi guys, I've only just started venturing into fragrances and clearly, all these English, French and/or Italian names are totally foreign to me.

I'm highly interested to check them out though but being based in Singapore, I'm not sure whether they are THAT readily available. Any suggestions on a place/ places where I can get my chance to whiff around? =)

There's shop in paragon, that does perfume, cant remember the name.