"6"

The watch appreciation thread

I agree. And I'd ask for 50% and not a penny more. If its a new PP, I'd press for a whole lot of discount (20% or more) and if I could bloody well afford my first Patek I'd like it with the whole purchase experience...i.e box, papers, the service etc.. , furthermore a Patek without any complications (chronograph, etc) isn't too thrilling or collectible or special to have such high resale value if its just a couple of years old, therefore shouldn't cost a whole lot on the secondhand market.

Very rarely do you get discounts on PP. Maybe on the PM models  but the stainless steel ones have a long wait list. 

You will have to wait quiet a while for the entry level sport models. 

For something as expensive as a Patek, its hard to say. After all, box and papers are just another way to validate the autheticity.

RM1k for a Rolex. 

https://youtu.be/hNCat9uhMLQ

Jean-Claude Biver, a stalwart of the Swiss watch industry. He bought the name Blancpain after it went bust and revived it, was a director at Omega, took on the CEO post at an eviscerated and lossmaking Hublot, then moved to become CEO of TAG Heuer. Today, he is President of the LVMH watch division.

He speaks prolifically--many are on youtube. I find his speeches fascinating.

https://youtu.be/hNCat9uhMLQ

Jean-Claude Biver, a stalwart of the Swiss watch industry. He bought the name Blancpain after it went bust and revived it, was a director at Omega, took on the CEO post at an eviscerated and lossmaking Hublot, then moved to become CEO of TAG Heuer. Today, he is President of the LVMH watch division.

He speaks prolifically--many are on youtube. I find his speeches fascinating.