"6"

The watch appreciation thread

The only way to impress non-WIS is to get a Richard Mille or one of the Royal Oaks with complication, preferably chrono. Or an Invicta.

I think for you Jeremy -  a nice PP Nautilus. Somewhat more restrained than the Royal Oak. 

I have this customer who wears this fake Nautilus. Every time he's in the shop, he takes it off and plunks it on the table, dial facing me. Sometimes he wears a fake Daytona. Does the same with it.

I hope he isn't reading this.

IMG_20180614_160427.jpg?raw=1

Tudor Black Bay 36. Cute as hell. 36mm diameter, 1cm thick. Oyster bracelet on par with current Rolexes but with a simpler clasp. ETA 2824, adjusted by Tudor to practically COSC standard. 150m water resistance. Lume is brighter than on Seiko dive watches. RM9k after the usual discount.

Kinda tempted, but there are many great watches out there. Also, it has no date, NO DATE! Argh.

Something about the BB 36mm looks off to me. Could it be that the hands are too big in relation to the dial? Or maybe the maxi sized indices? I don't know, but on paper its technically perfect, but when I see it in person, something is...missing. 

You should also consider the BB 36's older cousin the 1016 Rolex Explorer 1. Probably more suited for someone of your stature. This example has so much charm. Will appreciate with time for sure, jajaja. But no date, I don't think you miss it on this beautiful dial though.

https://www.chrono24.co.uk/rolex/1016-vintage-explorer-i-gilt-glossy-tropical-dial-27402--id8532171.htm

6 hours ago, "6" said:

Will appreciate with time for sure, jajaja. 

Not if I wear it, jajaja

Went on IG and searched for bb36. There is a pic of one next to the current Explorer 1. I have to say I prefer the Explorer.

I really enjoy living in Bukit Tinggi. Such a contrast to KL/PJ.

My younger brother bought an admittedly nice condo recently. It has a pretty genial architecture, not just interior architecture, but the exterior is unlike anything I've seen and has sort of broken from the apartment mould. I've been up many condos, especially in Mont Kiara, in the earlier part of my career. They're all the same. They're really just apartments. 

However, the macro aspects are all wrong. Urban living is just all wrong.

It's much better here. That's why I commute everyday.