13 replies to this topic

#1 andrew

andrew

Bigtimer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 122 posts

Posted 08 January 2012 - 02:43 PM

It would be nice if we could upload pictures directly from our PCs or phones.

#2 kotmj

kotmj

Megatimer

• Members
  • 7,680 posts
  • LocationBukit Rimau

Posted 08 January 2012 - 06:07 PM

Andrew, it is possible but there is a cumulative limit of 500kB per person. If you want to upload more than that, you would have to delete some of the older pics you uploaded.

When I upgrade to a more capacious hosting package, this limit will go up. But the limit will always be too low -- I doubt it goes beyond 5MB per person. I blow through that in just a few posts.

This site is registered with Imageshack, so that is an option if you do not want to use photobucket.

#3 Fiddler

Fiddler

Bigtimer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 127 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 03:58 PM

Hi

I'm a tech fool. Does this mean you can't upload pix directly on the site? How does one do it via ImageShack....open an account and store pix there and then post the link here? Please let me know.

Cheers
Fiddler

#4 kotmj

kotmj

Megatimer

• Members
  • 7,680 posts
  • LocationBukit Rimau

Posted 09 October 2012 - 04:14 PM

Yes, that's how it functions with ImageShack.

I use photobucket.com , and have recently been paying for the service. By paying, my pictures are stored at original suppression. If you do not pay, they suppress further the images you upload.

#5 kotmj

kotmj

Megatimer

• Members
  • 7,680 posts
  • LocationBukit Rimau

Posted 09 October 2012 - 04:17 PM

You can also attach pictures with your post -- there is a field for this if you click on "More Reply Options", but you are limited to a cumulative 5 MB. Once you've uploaded 5MB worth of pics, you can't upload anymore. Which is why imageshack or photobucket is preferable.

#6 Fiddler

Fiddler

Bigtimer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 127 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 09:04 PM

I did not know abt more reply options...thanks.

#7 ladhrann

ladhrann

Bigtimer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 150 posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 07:51 AM

Yes, that's how it functions with ImageShack.

I use photobucket.com , and have recently been paying for the service. By paying, my pictures are stored at original suppression. If you do not pay, they suppress further the images you upload.

I tried to use photobucket there to upload photos but no joy, I tried the img code, direct link and the html link. When I tried to put it in the message it said this board does not support this service or something to that effect. Help!

#8 Zarium

Zarium

Megatimer

• Members
  • 824 posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 12:40 PM

I use imgur.com.

#9 boysdontcryy

boysdontcryy

Megatimer

• Kia Picanto fan
  • 1,951 posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 01:32 PM

I tried to use photobucket there to upload photos but no joy, I tried the img code, direct link and the html link. When I tried to put it in the message it said this board does not support this service or something to that effect. Help!

You manage to get it to work? I use photobucket and use the img code link.

#10 ladhrann

ladhrann

Bigtimer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 150 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 06:34 AM

Cheers to all and kotmj pics are up now.

#11 hst20

hst20

Megatimer

• Members
  • 224 posts

Posted 11 August 2013 - 04:36 PM

Hi, how do I upload pictures using photobucket. I tried pasting the IMG links, but didn't work. Thanks.

#12 kotmj

kotmj

Megatimer

• Members
  • 7,680 posts
  • LocationBukit Rimau

Posted 11 August 2013 - 04:52 PM

Copy the "Direct" link from photobucket by clicking on it. A direct link starts with "http......" and ends with ".....jpg". For instance,

http://i789.photobuc...zpsded94f1e.jpg

On The Kerbau, in comment editor window, click "Image". Paste the PB link into it. Click "OK".

#13 holymoly

holymoly

Megatimer

• Members
  • 419 posts

Posted 11 August 2013 - 11:44 PM

You manage to get it to work? I use photobucket and use the img code link.

Hi boysdontcryy, your photobucket photos cannot be viewed recently due to bandwidth limitation. :unsure:  Maybe it is just me... 

#14 boysdontcryy

boysdontcryy

Megatimer

• Kia Picanto fan
  • 1,951 posts

Posted 15 August 2013 - 11:22 AM

Too many people dl-ed the pictures this month. They'll reset the counter next month.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users