Sign in to follow this  
kotmj

Nackymade, 6-7 December 2016

IMG_20161206_183542.jpg?raw=1

"Ei, make sure you fit properly!"

IMG_20161206_183437.jpg?raw=1

"Is got look intimidating or not? When collect protection money, interest on loan, must look the part."

IMG_20161206_183613.jpg?raw=1

"Wah, so many"

IMG_20161206_183505.jpg?raw=1

Capitalist talk

IMG_20161206_183336.jpg?raw=1

The organiser

IMG_20161206_183308.jpg?raw=1

The photographer

I remember seeing Nackymades during my trip in Japan. Didn't occur to me to stop by the store to inspect the goods. Just remembered how it had a quaint name.

So what do you think of them glasses?

I wonder if they can bill the receipt next year. Too bad my company's optical benefit claim only refreshes next year.

I remember seeing Nackymades during my trip in Japan. Didn't occur to me to stop by the store to inspect the goods. Just remembered how it had a quaint name.

So what do you think of them glasses?

I think the primary benefit is how they can make the frame fit your face. They have a sort of a very configurable trial frame they have you wear. This frame is adjusted to fit your head.

IMG_20161207_004757.jpg?raw=1

The frame has numeric values etched into each adjustment point. These values are used when they make your individual frame. Here you see nacky adjusting the trial frame.

IMG_20161207_004845.jpg?raw=1

I feel that, ideally, the fitter should give a running commentary of the adjustments he's making as he's making them. On those points that are also subject to customer preference, these preferences should be elicited. Maybe it's a language issue, but basically the customer stands there and the fit is quietly bestowed upon him.

I was too preoccupied with taking photos to know what the tai yee loong ordered. It's sunglasses. Nacky remarked, "First Tai-gar in Ma-Lai-Si-Ar".