Sign in to follow this  
takashi

Prologue HK Trunk Show Jan 6th & 7th 2018

I am surprised he has allowed you to promote this here. He must be at a different price point

Caught in no man's land as it's supposed to be a forum instead of blog/marketing portal.

For the pants, Prologue house-style is high waisted and preferably with pleats and cuff (both optional) together with a clean line. You can always opt for full break, half break or no break at all.

36173740543_988e7f08f1_b.jpg

Hmm, I can see the seam allowances and pocket bags.

I'm currently making a trousers in pure Arctic white, and have instructed Ah Kim to use a light grey pocketing fabric. Intuitively, people would use a pure white pocketing, but that doesn't work. You are trying to match the pocketing to the luminance of the wearer's skin, not the trousering fabric.

21752084_537895199884003_744640628592133

Taken from Prologue's FB post.

On Jerry (who will be coming for the trunkshow)

Our house cut is clean and unique. Not so much Florentine by definition but rather by association, as we certainly draw inspiration from the tailoring of various regions including Florence which we have personally experienced and come across. As such, we do not personally define our tailoring as "Florentine" or "Neapolitan" as we do not draw up concrete boundaries or a specific framework within which to make our garments.

Our house cut is clean and unique. Not so much Florentine by definition but rather by association, as we certainly draw inspiration from the tailoring of various regions including Florence which we have personally experienced and come across. As such, we do not personally define our tailoring as "Florentine" or "Neapolitan" as we do not draw up concrete boundaries or a specific framework within which to make our garments.

This narration is a bit avoidist; the writer states what he is not or does not do, rather than explaining what he is.

Hmm, I can see the seam allowances and pocket bags.

I'm currently making a trousers in pure Arctic white, and have instructed Ah Kim to use a light grey pocketing fabric. Intuitively, people would use a pure white pocketing, but that doesn't work. You are trying to match the pocketing to the luminance of the wearer's skin, not the trousering fabric.

I prefer the colour cream than white for pants. White can be so stark and bright when new. Cream often avoids most of the see-through of white. 

I prefer the colour cream than white for pants. White can be so stark and bright when new. Cream often avoids most of the see-through of white.

Even cream shows the pink underwear you are wearing. Or Captain America-themed underwear. Leads to a lot of misunderstanding.

This narration is a bit avoidist; the writer states what he is not or does not do, rather than explaining what he is.

PR doesn't seem to be Jerry's strength. He should write as little as possible. He should just take more pictures with that 75 Summilux of his (Have you guys checked the price of that lens? Poargh!)

we do not personally define our tailoring as "Florentine" or "Neapolitan" as we do not draw up concrete boundaries or a specific framework within which to make our garments.

Nothing wrong with rojak style, taking what they like to create something that looks good.

Also flexible to cater for whatever the customer wants I suppose? 

See you guys tomorrow!

Will post the room number for those who wanna drop by and chat.

There will be an assortment of accessories as well. 

Thank you all who came from the forum and from others.....great to meet the members and make new friends.

Great conversation around clothing, tailoring, different cultures and offcourse food....

Too busy to take much pics, just a few snippets.

There is still tomorrow, please come by to say hi and to a meet the gang and Jerry.

Give me a call before coming to avoid any disappointment, we can still accommodate some last minute guest. 

My mobile is 012-2067048

Part of the cloth selection that Jerry brought over. Good mix of everything.

37551952661_1e0c648302_o.jpg

37551952581_336b06d3c2_o.jpg

37551952471_408ebbe104_o.jpg

23699790498_cbec908163_o.jpg

37551952371_1c98da75ed_o.jpg

I almost forgot what it felt like operating out of a hotel room. I did it for close to five years. These pictures brought the whole vibe back.

Congratulations takashi for what looks like a successful trunk show! Too bad I cannot spend the weekend there. 

Much more to learn and improve for the next.

Prologue will return for fittings and take new orders in Jan 2018.

Come by then.