Sign in to follow this  
"6"

PSA: a/k/a The Awesome Deals Thread

This thread is to share any sales/awesome ebay auctions/sources of fine sartorial goods with fellow kerbau-ites, out of the goodness of our hearts. I thank you all in advance for sharing.

Hmm... also... you folks know the Brooks Brothers and Ralph Lauren outlets are opening next month in Nusajaya, Johor, right? This will be deadstock from the factory and the retail outlets, I believe.

The shirt factory itself is somewhere in Penang. I found the name and address once, but it was on my old computer that crashed. Does anyone know anything about the shirt factory? can we go there and get dirt-cheap Brooks, PRL, and other high quality shirts?

Oh, it seems the factories belong to the Esquel Group of Hong Kong, one of the biggest shirtmakers in the world. It's in Bayan Lepas somewhere. Esquel has been in Penang since the 70s, and it looks like they don't do any sort of sales at those factories.

Kotmj, have you seen Brooks and PRL stuff at Reject Shop? The best I've seen is Hilfiger and Ambercrombie stuff, both brands are also Esquel clients, so I suppose they are from the same factory.

(null)

Reject Shop is stuffed full of BB stuff with defaced labels.

The shirts are made of pretty low quality fabrics, much lower than even Acorn's. Not interesting to me.

The Filson is a nice find. But it looks more like a duffle than a tote? Pics won't load for me, weird.

It's definitely a tote, a duffel would have

a) a rain flap over the main zipper

b ) shorter handles

c) a dimension about 2-3X wider.

I always associate a tote with a light & simple construction so a tote like this (damned rugged) is kinda dissonant with me.

I hereby decree that there will be no groupon links anywhere except in the budget tailoring thread!

The Emperor that wears cloths has spoken. Aye Your Majesty, it is hereby called law in the kerbauland.