Sign in to follow this  
"6"

PSA: a/k/a The Awesome Deals Thread

^ tip me if you find a 36R over there.

Brooks currently has their model down to $1k USD in a myriad of sizes. So steep.

haha will do. unfortunately polo coats appear to be a rarity in the uk. some camel hair ones, but more in a crombie or covert coat configuration and not a classic polo. 

I have a feeling that Uniqlo or Muji will make one soon. As soon as I drop a grand on one from Ralph or Brooks, that is. 

• Like 1

Yeap, I bought what I wanted already :D  

But for grenadine, I will still go for Hober because it's priced similar (even with the sales price), can specify the dimensions and it's 4 folds. 

I was with a customer in Brunei who was having a suit made. He then told me of a friend of his, a Malaysian in London who was learning tailoring. Imagine my excitement.

It took me a while to finally visit his website. I wish I had done it sooner. I am very impressed.

http://stephen-yong.com/

People keep saying that tailoring is dying and such. In reality, these things have a much longer half life, SECOND half life, than most people imagine. Even today, Japanese katanas are being made -- long after they have become obsolete. Now in 2014, there are Malaysian Chinese who quit banking jobs to become coatmakers. I know one apprenticing right now. Why do they do this to themselves? Because not everyone can do an office job their entire lives, and the manual trades are exactly what some people need to be who they are.

Sale at East Dane. 25% extra discount if you enter the code 25MORE. There are some drakes stuff. I got a forest green knit tie at 65USD with shipping. 

www.eastdane.com

a suitable wardrobe having a 30% sale. Plenty of cool stuff, including some Riva cloth. The prices of the Riva cloth after discount are probably the cheapest I have ever seen for cut length. 

story-20130703114203-_DS_7261.jpg

I was told that nackymade is coming for its inaugural Malaysian trunk in April at Traders Hotel. Here's the WhatsApp conversation I had with the organiser.

Organiser: Do come to nackymade trunkshow im hosting in KL if ur interested

kotmj: Huh? Where and when?

Organiser: April/Traders Hotel

kotmj: That's way in the future.

Organiser: Its a heads up/notice