Sign in to follow this  
kotmj

Wetshaving

To be honest the ej best badger is really damn good I really have no complaints about it, I was really curious to try silvertip after I bought the vulfix turnback, I was really disappointed in it. Its good but I was expecting much more cuz the ej was really that good.

To be honest the ej best badger is really damn good I really have no complaints about it, I was really curious to try silvertip after I bought the vulfix turnback, I was really disappointed in it. Its good but I was expecting much more cuz the ej was really that good.

• Like 1

Shit having a serious case of bad, nearly pulled the trigger on muhle synthetic brush for travelling. Common sense prevailed, how many stuff do I need for travelling since I'm hardly travelling nowadays.

Noooo, it'll be bad for the skin. The soap provides lubrication, and the rich lather and nice scent make for the satisfying experience.

Noob question - possible to wet shave with just hot water, i.e. no cream/soap?

Sounds painful.

At least some Dove soap.

Dynamite you shouldn't do it. Part of the enjoyment is building lather. You can cheap soap like arko10 bucks mate ie body shop macca root it's like 40-50

Shiiitt, I just accidentally bought a vintage Gillette Red Tip on Ebay. I was just bidding for fun, I thought for sure the final price was gonna be higher than my bid n it turned out mine was the highest. I swear i wasnt going to buy any shave related stuff. Ahh well hope everything turns out well.

On a side note asked my friend to a tabac stick from Mustafa in Singapore. Its really cheap Sgd 10, its a pity they don't have the after shave or cologne. Brushes are completely out of stock. Amazing, westshaving is growing in popularity. 

At last managed to try my gillette red tip....... Arrrrrrgghh not aggressive at all as advertised. Decent shaver I thought quite mild can't beat the slims prob cuz I set my slims at 8 for wtg n xtg n 6 atg. Slims still king for me.

Where's a convenient place to get DE blades in KL? I recently got my dad a Baxter razor, but I haven't seen replacement blades being sold commonly as it is in Sg. I remember reading that Daiso has Dorco blades? How do those compare to something like Gilette Permasharps or Wilkinson Swords?

Thanks!

Hanifas in masjid india. I posted pics of some of their DE stock on this thread. They have a wide selection.

Also, most kedai runcits would have one or two choices. Topaz and/or Lord Tajam being the better ones. Don't bother with Gillette nacets.

Nick, why dont you go to haniffa and get the brick of astra. But like jeremy said nearly all kedai runcit have it.

The brick of astra at haniffa is so good value. No online retailer can beat it.

Swapped back to using my gillette slim today after a few months of rotating to my EJ razor.

The slim is king.

Red flair tip is not bad after giving it second chance not aggressive it does the job. It's slims on 4-5. I just bought a second slim, cuz they're just that good. I'm organising whipped dog group buy with my friends. Damn cheap 40 bucks for a silvertip.

Hello Shavers

I have been enjoying these fine razors....and have to say they are just excellent....both are ikons with a dlc coated head....one open comband the other a hybrid head....surprisingly non aggressive, yet smooth and efficient instruments.

RIMG0439_zps18913f73.jpg

RIMG0447_zps1eefcc2f.jpg

It's you!!! I guessed as much. Those stuff i can only dream of maybe one day. My collection have grown considerably too since my last update.

20140903_211357_zps30750ee5.jpg

And currently getting one of my slims to be re plated to something as below but in reverse in rhodium and black chrome.

custom-fatboy_zpsd1c787f5.jpg

Black chrome is something like below.

utava4ep_zps16dbf312.jpg